Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

radio bluetooth vs headset/kit

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2009, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
radio bluetooth vs headset/kit

hey, i currently have a stock radio and a sucky bluetooth headset. I was looking at the pioneer head units with built in blue tooth or alpine without. Wondering how those radio bluetooths work? Do they work well, are they loud enough? My headset barely has enough volume for me to use it while driving and i have a stock exhaust. I am thinkint it might just be a crappy headset but who knows. Let me know what you guys are doing and how you like it. Maybe i should get a new gps with bluetooth on it, i dunno, i would like to consolidate some devices, but i want them to work well.

thanks
Old May 19, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had the Alpine bluetooth addon. While it works just fine, my car was too loud (not stock exhaust). To be able to hear anyone I had to turn it up so loud that everyone complained about being able to hear themselves. They could all hear the car too. I eventually got rid of it and just use a headset, but I got a pretty decent headset (I think). The Pioneer/Alpine setup is much more convenient though.
Old May 19, 2009, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a kenwood headunit and bluetooth addon. With the mic placed above the steering wheel (can't hardly see it), people have no trouble hearing me and I have no trouble hearing them as it is through the stock speakers. Definitely suggest it to anyone on the phone while driving.
Old May 19, 2009, 10:54 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have one of the Pioneers and a friend has one in his stock forrester also. I can hear him great, he says people usually say it is the best he sounds. For me people always complain that they can't hear me, but I'm always on the highway and mine is mounted on the headliner touching the windshield, so that may have something to do with it.

I don't like to talk on the phone in the car either way, so for me its win win
Old May 20, 2009, 08:02 AM

do you have to turn the bluetooth on with the radio every time you get in the car or does it come on and connect when you turn on the radio?
Old May 20, 2009, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My alpine connected automatically as long as my phone was set to connect automatically.
Old May 20, 2009, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Once I did the initial sync between headunit and phone, never had to touch the settings again. Even after pulling the battery cable.
Old May 20, 2009, 01:06 PM
Former Sponsor

i have a separte bluetooth unit made by motorola that i installed, it works perfect, is perfect sound (and i have hks ti exhaust) and no one complains about it, if you install a aftermarket headunit you can just splice into the harness to install the bluetooth, here is a link to my installation, take a look for your self

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...bluetooth.html
Old May 21, 2009, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

For bluetooth units alone, I personally like the Parrot kits, They sound amazing.

As for a radio with bluetooth built in, I would check out some of the Pioneers and Eclipses.
Old May 22, 2009, 07:48 AM

well, i think i will try a pioneer with built in bluetooth. i might wait for the new models to come out, but i will let you guys know how it works out.

thanks
Old May 22, 2009, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

^ New pioneer Avic series come with voice static correction (not sure if this is the name of it). It basicly focuses on your voice and cancels any static or wind noises.

They connect through your phone using bluetooth and always connects when you are in the car. The unit also has the ablility to transfer your all your phone book contacts for voice dialing.