Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Suggestions on New HU Eclipse or...?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2009, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Suggestions on New HU Eclipse or...?

Well, after finally getting my alt whine worked out, my Pioneer DEH-9800BT said, "See ya bishes!" and went cold. I'm pretty sure I've bought my last Pioneer deck.

I want my replacement to have bluetooth, SAT radio, 3 pairs of pre outs, IPOD capable. These are musts.

Optional are a remote (included, or optional at least), high voltage outputs.

I'd really like it to have a simple display that's readable in direct sunlight, so I don't want it to have some fancy full color scoreboard like screen.

I thought I was absolutely going to get an Eclipse CD5030, but a local store told me they were in bankruptcy and they didn't carry them anymore.

I also looking at the Alpine idA-X303 which doesn't even have a CD player, which is okay, but you have to buy an extra box for bluetooth.

$300-$400 is the target. TIA.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm.. i think you should use the easy button for this one. other than that, i cant help ya.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Gee thanks.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get Alpine! It's the only HU's I use. Eclipse is great, but I can't justify the price. Out of at least 7 or 8 Alpine decks I've had I've never had a single issue with any of them.
Old Jul 3, 2009, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Well, this Eclipse I am looking at is only $299, the Alpine is less, but I'd need to buy add ons for bluetooth AND sat radio, so it might not be the bargain.

I do like Alpine decks. I had one in my Galant which I loved until the faceplate connection started to short out. Then my installer started to not like them because I guess they moved all their production to China, but I'm like, whatever - everything's made in China these days.