Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

SRS light and horn issue

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2009, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SRS light and horn issue

When i bought my car the SRS light was on and was told only the dealership can flash this to clear it as it was run off a seperate ECU of some sort.

Also, my horn will not work at all but it DOES work when i lock and unlock my car. (stock system). checked the coil or whatever and was told it may have been messed with if they had a quick release or something on there before.

this weekend I took my cluster out to put new bulbs in and the SRS light was off now but my horn still does not work.

so will my airbags deploy now? if the SRS had an issue like it did before i believe it would be fine now right? as long as the light is off.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To be honest it sounds like you have a clock spring problem. The dealer will be one of the only places that can read the faults unless you find a good side shop that has the correct scanner for the air bag system. Most generic scanners wont work for airbags, especially on foreign cars. The srs light shouldn't of gone out just by changing the bulbs. Make sure the bulb is installed correctly. I'd say the most obvious answer, and if I were to throw parts at it, would be a clock spring. But, without seeing the fault for sure, I don't want you to go out and buy an expensive part if thats not the problem. My guess would be that the fault is for communication with the drivers air bag module. I'd call around and see who could run a quick scan for you.