Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Under hood harness hid vs non hid question, fuse box related also

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2010, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Under hood harness hid vs non hid question, fuse box related also

Ok so I've done a good deal of research, and am starting a project of converting a non hid ix to factory HID. I've tried the add on aftermarket HID's and they are just not what I'm looking for.

After looking at my own car I've come to find that non hid cars already come with the wiring and harnesses for the fog light switch and hid leveling motors in the cabin.

I know the 4 pin headlight harness will need to be swapped over to a 6 pin for hids, but the question is. What else is missing on the non HID engine side harness and in the fuse box? Where does the engine harness attach to the in cabin part.

Wondering if I picked up a fuse box and engine bay harness from an 03-04 GSR, if I would have everything I needed to have full OEM controls.

At this point I may just end up using my aftermarket HID ballast with DS2 adaptors and not use the levelers at all. Wire the fog lamps into the parking lamps with a relay.