Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

No auto windshield wipers, but have manual and cleaning wiper settings?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2010, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No auto windshield wipers, but have manual and cleaning wiper settings?

Hi guys I have been mainly a researcher and reader of the forum site and never really had to post until now. I searched the entire forums looking for the cure to my problem but found none, so I am wondering if anybody might know how to fix this:

I have a 06 Evo 9 with 55,000 miles and still have the 60,000 warranty. I have an after market boost gauge attached to the steering column also that came with the car when I purchased it. I can lift the entire arm to activate the manual wiper, use the windshield wiper/cleaning combo, but if I want to use the auto feature of the wiper system, it does not seem to work from the lowest to the highest setting. I have a feeling it may be the wiring system inside the steering column. I was going to bring it into Concord Mitsubishi, but last time I took my car in for a oil change and head light replacement, they charged over 250 bucks .
Also, when I was getting my car serviced the entire process to change my one burned out head light was a total pain in the butt. The guy working on my car told me I had blue head lights, and they did not carry that and told me they are illegal in Ca. I said fine put in white ones. After they were all done they told me I was good to go, I checked my car and I had one blue and one white head light . I'm not a mechanic, but I know that its illegal to drive around with two different head lights in Ca. Anyways, after that episode I decided to maybe learn as much as I could about my car to save money.

The point of this is this: I am thinking if it is not covered under the warranty then I may end up fixing it myself because I am not going to go through another episode with Concord Mitsubishi.

If anyone has any knowledge in this department it would be really helpful. its going to rain here on Wednesday so I am trying to get this done soon (I just found out about this problem last week).

Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2010, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It sounds like you might be starting to get the electrical gremlin that is ever so common to EVO's. Here check out this link and I wouldnt be suprised if you find the same problem. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/in...s-how-fix.html
Old Oct 4, 2010, 08:33 AM

Great thank a lot, I will have to see if this is the problem.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:14 PM

they work now thanks
Old Oct 5, 2010, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your welcome sir.. was that the issue?