Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

anti theft

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2011, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anti theft

So alot of cars in my area have been stolen lately mostly turbo imports. I dont want a fancy alarm system tho because they get to be a pain in the but. My idea is to run a tiny push button switch under the truck release handle and basically make this the clutch switch so in order to start this will have to be depressed. I know this would stop the hard core thief but i dont believe thats what we are dealing with. Has any one done this how did it work out for you?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 02:03 PM

yeah, ive done it on a few cars. works very well. you can also use a switch to cut power to the main relay so they cant just jump your starter
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:10 PM

I have done some minor mods to my car. I have hidden pull/push type Kill-switches that cut power to the ecu, and fuel pump. I also have an alarm and steering lock + the car sleeps by my room. A bit of over kill.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if you wanna do something simple yet fancy... rerun your starter relay power wire back inside the cabin... use a high power on off switch like a battery kill switch... then run the wire back to the starter... there is a steel bracket behind the dash light dimmer that is rugged enough to support it but still be hidden... mount it there and viola! you have a nifty kill switch that will allow you to maint power to everything but wont start the car unlike a battery kill switch... and if you trip it while driving youd never notice unlike a fuel pump or ecu kill switch... i'm sure there are other ways... but i'm the best so use my idea...
Old Jan 15, 2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by joseph143
if you wanna do something simple yet fancy... rerun your starter relay power wire back inside the cabin... use a high power on off switch like a battery kill switch... then run the wire back to the starter... there is a steel bracket behind the dash light dimmer that is rugged enough to support it but still be hidden... mount it there and viola! you have a nifty kill switch that will allow you to maint power to everything but wont start the car unlike a battery kill switch... and if you trip it while driving youd never notice unlike a fuel pump or ecu kill switch... i'm sure there are other ways... but i'm the best so use my idea...
well, now we know where your one is! I know when mine is off or on coz the check engine light tells me. If you know what you are doing a kill switch is way less work than what you described. All you do is cut the line, put the switch in and mount the switch.

Last edited by MRGEVO; Jan 15, 2011 at 04:45 PM.