Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Android tablet in evo

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2011, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hamx0r
I used to have a pic of what Audioclinic in Belleville, NJ did. They integrated an IPad into an Evo X dash.. looked crazy nice..
An ipad would be sick maybe almost a bit too much lol edit: can never have too much screen lol. I suppose it fits better in a X maybe? Mounting the ipad in the VIII/IX is hard, the radio/hvac bezel has to be modified somehow. And then you have to decide if it stays there permanently or removable i guess. Anyone ever done it?
Old May 22, 2011, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evolucionando
Nice keep us up to date on your progress!

alright so im really bored lol got nothing to do till next week where i start summer school PHARMACOLOGY FTL!!!

anyways i have a cousin thats pretty good in electronics... typical mexicans here haha so im going to get started on something

what size is that tablet? to fit the double din bezel?
Old May 23, 2011, 07:30 PM

i installed tablet to my friend's car. now we are working on better sound actually. if everything will work fine im gonna put to mine evo VIII.
Old May 23, 2011, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

I want one in my car!!!
Old May 24, 2011, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by scyzor
i installed tablet to my friend's car. now we are working on better sound actually. if everything will work fine im gonna put to mine evo VIII.

thats cool man... i already have my sound rigged up and everything just need to mount it and well obviously relocate the hvac.... thinking imma go to the junk yard and look for a galant hvac? i know i saw a write up somewhere on how to swap it out for a better system using knobs that actually turn
Old May 24, 2011, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Duh Panda
alright so im really bored lol got nothing to do till next week where i start summer school PHARMACOLOGY FTL!!!

anyways i have a cousin thats pretty good in electronics... typical mexicans here haha so im going to get started on something

what size is that tablet? to fit the double din bezel?

Judging from when i took the pic and was messing around with it, a little trimming is required to make it fit properly on the sides. I have never tired it myself though.
Old May 24, 2011, 03:47 PM

that would be nice
Old May 25, 2011, 06:25 PM

Man, I didn't even think of doing this. Makes me feel old!
Old May 25, 2011, 06:44 PM

Not to be completely off topic, but that double din peice you have - is that a OEM part or the orbital kit? Looks much nicer then the Orbital kit. If so can you pass along any part #'s you may have for that and the HVAC controls & where you bought! Very cool idea...interested to see more on this

Thanks!
Old May 25, 2011, 06:46 PM

heres another route you can do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SkltRqOF5k
Old May 26, 2011, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Heisman80
Not to be completely off topic, but that double din peice you have - is that a OEM part or the orbital kit? Looks much nicer then the Orbital kit. If so can you pass along any part #'s you may have for that and the HVAC controls & where you bought! Very cool idea...interested to see more on this

Thanks!
Thats the jdm double din bezel heres the link to get it: http://www.japanparts.com/db/parts_d...UMBER=00022810 and yes it is different and looks better then the orbital however just remember that the orbital bezel helps with sunlight hitting your double din unit. I bought my double din kit off of someone from the forums and got the bottom orbital hvac relocation unit and the top jdm bezel. They also made a few orbital bezels painted to match the same silver but are very very rare and hard to find, check the for sale section often cause they go fast! Lol
Old May 26, 2011, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by bl8ant
Man, I didn't even think of doing this. Makes me feel old!
Lol i just thought its like almost the perfect size and would look amazing and have tons of functionality!!! Not to mention theres apps that you can use to tune, diagnose, and even have digital gagues ala GTR... tell me that wouldn't be sick?!
Old May 26, 2011, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by bong pantaleon
heres another route you can do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SkltRqOF5k
Ive seen this video before and it looks like it works fine but not sure if the way it looks is for everyone also, heard some people say its not even offered, went on their website and couldnt find it! anyone have any more info?
Old May 31, 2011, 05:15 PM

The Scoshe kit seems so bulky and looks like it could easily break. Looks like it belongs in a police car.
Old May 31, 2011, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

As far as being removable you may look into this. It'll take a bit more fab work but I think it's worth it.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/1TaVigs8Who

Last edited by Marcac; Jun 1, 2011 at 11:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Android tablet in evo