Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Need help Finding spray paint for my Electric Blue Evo(Color code: T70

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help Finding spray paint for my Electric Blue Evo(Color code: T70

I bought a bumper and I want it has some scatches. I want to repaint the whole bumper. My question is, is there any place that I can get paint for my car in spray bottle or something like dupli-color?? My car paint code is T70 and dupli-color perfect match dosent have it either. Where can i get spray paint for my car so I can do it myself and not spend too much money outside. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old May 12, 2011, 09:14 AM

i mean it has some scratches
Old Sep 24, 2021, 02:23 AM

Oreillys

Message deleted
Old Sep 30, 2021, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
There are multiple companies online that can replicate your Paint Code color in spray cans, but I can tell you now it’s a horrible idea, it’ll never match the hood and fenders like you want to hope it would by the time you buy all the material to properly fix, prep, prime, wet sand and reprime if needed which it likely will be as you don’t seem to be familiar with body/paint work.

Problem is spray cans are not consistent in spray pattern and spray volume from can to can a lot of times. Nor are you consistent in mixing the multiple cans properly. What if one cans nozzle gets a little clogged? Starts spitting? Now you’re wasting more paint and time having to let the paint dry and then try to fix your work.

Ok now you have it painted and it’s time for clear coating, more inconsistent cans, more drying more wet sanding, more material. By the time you get done, which you’ll likely have given up way prior, but say you do manage to get it prepped, primed, painted, and cleared. Now it’s time for buffing and polishing more $$ in product, and at the least a DA as you’re not getting a glass finish from the clear with spray cans, EVER.

It’s never going to match the metal panels and you’re going to have to let it sit for a good while to dry and cure, a bug or dust gets in it while drying guess what, more wet sanding buffing, and polishing.

I’ve never seen even the most prestigious body shops charge >$500 to paint match a bumper to factory color and you’ll have I’d say easily triple that into it in time and money going at it with spray cans. That’s nearly a full wrap at some shops film dependent

In short save yourself the aggravation and bring it to a trusted paint shop you’ll have your bumper/car back in 2-3 days tops and ready to reinstall. CA is the Mecca of paint shops. You’ll thank yourself later.

If you’re dead set on a DIY then buy ($$$$) or borrow some proper guns for paint and clear, watch some YouTube videos, learn and practice some of the outlined techniques shown for painting different materials. Then keep on practicing.