Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

JDM HID Headlights converting back to USDM HID Headlights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2011, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM HID Headlights converting back to USDM HID Headlights

What's up guys. I have JDM HID Headlights in my car and considering going back to stock. When I initially did the conversion, I paid a shop to do it. Now that I have a little more time on my hands, I'd like to go about doing it myself.

My question is if my car already had stock HIDs from factory, is swapping the JDM lights for USDM HID lights plug and play? Or will I have to mess w the harness to get the correction functions (lowbeams, fogs, etc). I tried searching but everything is on converting non-HID models.

I have an 05, is there a model specific OEM HID Headlight I need or will any Evo 8-9 OEM HID Headlight work?
Old Sep 9, 2011, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is plug and play except for the fog light. The JDM headlights use a different bulb thus require a connector. The shop should have given you back the connectors they cut off when they installed the lights. If not you'll have to go to the parts store and buy a set for the USMD foglight. I dont remember what bulb it takes nor the connector required. I installed my set 5yrs ago.

Last edited by laramie_05MR; Sep 9, 2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: spelling error