Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Dropping out of power PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dropping out of power PLEASE HELP!!!

I have switched to a small-battery kit using an odyssey pc-680 and already had one die on me...my 60A fuse on my power distribution block that connects to the battery was blown so I replaced it with a new one from the dealership...after replacing the fuse block this is when I started to encounter this issue.
WHILE CRUSING, not under heavy throttle or boost or anything just maintaining speed my Evo IX will stutter here and there, like it is losing power for a split second that comes back, the rpms don't drop, lights don't seem to dim, nothing like that, just a little jerk and then right back to cruising...I am stumped on what this could be as it has not ever happened to me before. It happens quite frequent as well...
It has never happened while I was making a pull on the street so far or under acceleration just during cruising. If I could get some ideas I would greatly appreciate it! My guys at TPG suggested to check the alternator to see if it was going bad and I have yet to do that I just figured I would make this post to try and get some other ideas as well. THANKS!!!
Old Nov 12, 2013, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
An bad alternator will do that to you. Do you have any other accessories like a sound system or anything?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 07:13 AM

No, I don't have anything of that nature, I have two AEM gauges, one boost and one air/fuel, and an HKS turbo timer, but this didn't start happening until I put in a new battery and new power distribution block. Which leads me to think that when I reconnected everything that I must have botched something up? Then again I can handle the 3 bolts on the distribution block and the terminals, I put it back together just how I took it apart so that is where I'm confused.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 07:14 AM

Btw I've watched your guys' youtube videos and I'm friends with uns on facebook, def a highboost fan!