Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Help with power window

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help with power window

So all windows work fine except for passenger front. I'm currently using a 9 switch to drop the window and an 8 switch to lift it back up. The driver side master switches will not drop or lift at all so the only way for window to move must come directly from passenger side switch. It's s 2005 gsr. Any ideas?
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have two known good switches? Seems like they both are defective. (that being the two driver master switches I'm understanding you have)
Old Nov 18, 2013, 06:38 AM

All 3 on driver side work except the passenger. I'm using both 8 and 9 switches to operate the passenger window from passenger seat.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

You have a friend that you can borrow a drivers master switch? The drivers switch does the same functions as the passenger switch, and uses the same wires. For testing I would have brought the rear window switch to the front since known good, and see if the problem moved with the switch. Next to swap out is the drivers master switch.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 11:40 PM

Thanks I'll try that out.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 05:20 AM

i would take your drivers side wire loom out and look for broken wire. you will usually see them broke on the door side right as they leave the loom. it may be tricky a lot of the time you have to open the harness up.. here is a diagram of the switch if your looking for the pin outs to test with multimeter. i have had multiple 2002 and up eclipse with this issue where most think it needs a window motor or passenger switch.. just cause you use 2 switches doesn't mean its a switch issue. the evo 8 and evo 9 switches may be set up differently.. hope this helps a little but better off looking for a broken wire than spending money when you might not need to.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Mar 10, 2014, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by boostedMR1
i would take your drivers side wire loom out and look for broken wire. you will usually see them broke on the door side right as they leave the loom. it may be tricky a lot of the time you have to open the harness up.. here is a diagram of the switch if your looking for the pin outs to test with multimeter. i have had multiple 2002 and up eclipse with this issue where most think it needs a window motor or passenger switch.. just cause you use 2 switches doesn't mean its a switch issue. the evo 8 and evo 9 switches may be set up differently.. hope this helps a little but better off looking for a broken wire than spending money when you might not need to.

[IMG][/IMG]
Thanks will look into this.