Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

HVAC Control Not Working

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HVAC Control Not Working

I've searched a bit on here and haven't found anything that matches my symptoms. I read a bit through the https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...s-how-fix.html thread a bit and nothing stood out to me and most of the pictures don't work anymore.

My HVAC control panel works intermittently. The A/C light used to shut off when it rained, but would turn back on whenever it wanted. Just recently it started to flicker whenever I would hit a bump or a rough patch of road. Eventually it stopped working all together and the light comes back on whenever it wants and shuts back off.

This is the same for the rear defrost button and a/c air recycle button. The blower motor, temp control and vent placement knobs all work fine its just the control buttons. I checked all the fuses and they're all good. I tried looking at the wiring diagram from the FSM and it didn't clearly show where the buttons were and which connections were which there.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Yup, I have had the same problem for 5 years. You have to replace the entire white control module. There is no individual fix that i've found for the buttons.

Last time i checked with Mitsubishiparts.net it was about $400-800 for the parts, depending on your desire to replace all those damn 1-time-use metal clamps on the metal cables which attach to the gears, and bulbs.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

You got a pic of the control module everything works fine except for the buttons which just flicker on/off from time to time but now just stay off for most of the time...You had that exact same problem?
Old Feb 3, 2015, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

yes, When I first bought the car with 32,xxx miles the AC button required about 4-6 presses before it would finally engage. Then about a year ago it quit working completely.

If you turn the temp dial to "max AC" the AC light (on the non-working button) goes right on and AC turns on. And if you put the air selector to either of the defrost options the AC kicks right on. Blows nice and cold! But the button doesn't work at all.

This is what it looks like with the controls off.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Yea mine doesn't do that. It just blows whatever ambient temp is if it's on cold. It seems like something just has a bad connection.

And the AC light doesn't come on at all even if it's on max AC

Last edited by jspecteggy; Feb 3, 2015 at 04:23 PM.