Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Passenger Taillight issue on Evolution 8

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Passenger Taillight issue on Evolution 8

I'm goingto try to explain issue with sounding stupid and reading as many threads aspossible before posting..

I'm just anewbie when it comes to electrical ..

This isstarted when my right evolution 8 taillight bulb blew out. I though nothing ofit at first and just replaced it with a 7440 bulb. I ended up having to replacethe same bulb about a month later. This is when I decided to pull the wiringharness out and take a look at it and make sure it was ok? Well, the wiring harness connection thatholds the 7440 bulb that blew out was kind brown around the edges:

I'll addthe picture this evening of the harness:

Next, up I replaced the wiring harness with anew one and found that this did not do the trick. Just process of elimination.I then went to check out fuses number #20 and 21 (7.5) under the hood causeeveryone says that can be the culprit also. The passenger side fuse was blownand I did replace it.

Next, Istarted tracing back the wiring of taillights on the passenger side to underthe seat since this is the one with the problem. I was looking for anything outof the ordinary but, didn’t see anything ripped up/burned or taped improperly.Could it be a ground and where would I check exactly?

The onlythings I've done over the recent weeks:

• Pull the radio out and put it back reconnected everything.
  • I move the Boost gauge to my steering column away from the a-pillar
  • Dumb mistake I think...I adjusted the lighting on the car to "auto on" when you insert the key. I don’t believe the car has this ability since my battery is drained. (Feel free to make fun of me)
  • I guess from here I'm not sure what else to do other than jump the car and look for loose grounds. Yes, dead battery doesn't help.
  • Behind stereo? Boost gauge?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 09:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I resolved this issue this weekend. Part of it being me going to far or maybe overboard ;-( One fuse was bad in the engine bay and replaced. I also put new lighting (bulbs) on the right tail lamp.

I jumped the car but, Im still trying to understand what might have caused such a drain?

Last edited by bluepeartype-s; Mar 16, 2015 at 09:18 AM.