Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

help with turn signal and hazard!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2016, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question help with turn signal and hazard!

Hey y'all two days ago I noticed when driving my evo 8 mr it didn't want to turn on either signal when used so I tried turning on the hazards thinking it was the turn signal switch itself but still no luck! The hazards and the turn signals don't work on either the outsid or inside! All other lights work inside and out just not the turn signals. I came to the conclusion that it could of been a fried etacs but I ordered a used one that work and tried it on and still no luck hoping anyone has an idea of what it can be. Also need to point out I checked every fuse under the hood and inside and still no turn signal?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 05:16 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
did you check the "flasher relay"? i dunno what the actual name is. we just always called it the flasher LOL. i assume your car has one or does the ETACS take care of all that?
Old Jan 14, 2016, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by kaj
did you check the "flasher relay"? i dunno what the actual name is. we just always called it the flasher LOL. i assume your car has one or does the ETACS take care of all that?
I believe that the etacs is control of this I've read other threads that the turn signals relays are inside the etacs itself
Old Jan 14, 2016, 05:37 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
dang it. that kinda sucks. i had a BMW that was like that. all these modules that were $100+ ea
Old Apr 22, 2023, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cmartinez530
Hey y'all two days ago I noticed when driving my evo 8 mr it didn't want to turn on either signal when used so I tried turning on the hazards thinking it was the turn signal switch itself but still no luck! The hazards and the turn signals don't work on either the outsid or inside! All other lights work inside and out just not the turn signals. I came to the conclusion that it could of been a fried etacs but I ordered a used one that work and tried it on and still no luck hoping anyone has an idea of what it can be. Also need to point out I checked every fuse under the hood and inside and still no turn signal?
Hey have you found the problem for the turn signal not working? i replaced my etac too and still nothing.
Old Apr 23, 2023, 08:58 AM

Hey bro, I don’t have the car anymore but it turned out to be for me was that my car was pretty lowered and I had a pretty aggressive we’ll set up and every time I would hit a corner or a dip. The front drivers wheel would rub up against the wire harness behind the driver side fender. I took the wheel off, and you could tell that the tire would rub up against the electrical tape, and I got into a little bit of the wire, which turned out to be that was a wire that powered the turn signal lights. I fix the wire by soldering it up again and lifting the car and it turned out to be that was a problem. Hopefully that yours is a similar problem, but that’s what it turned out for me
Old Apr 24, 2023, 04:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cmartinez530
Hey bro, I don’t have the car anymore but it turned out to be for me was that my car was pretty lowered and I had a pretty aggressive we’ll set up and every time I would hit a corner or a dip. The front drivers wheel would rub up against the wire harness behind the driver side fender. I took the wheel off, and you could tell that the tire would rub up against the electrical tape, and I got into a little bit of the wire, which turned out to be that was a wire that powered the turn signal lights. I fix the wire by soldering it up again and lifting the car and it turned out to be that was a problem. Hopefully that yours is a similar problem, but that’s what it turned out for me
ok ill check for that! Im pretty lowered too so that might me something like that too! Thank you!