Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Turbotrix and Dynoflash: The Verdict

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2004, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great post, Ken. You hit all the points.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

I'm not Ken

I think you have me confused with someone else, unless you weren't speaking to me.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

W0ot, I can't wait to get tuned by TT in a few weeks and see what I can put out.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by makaveli_31

Discussion of Results:
(330 vs. 297). So, Al's recommendation for the intake does indeed hold true: it gains topend power at some sacrifice of low-end torque.

Now on to a comparison of the two tunes as a whole. Overall, the TT tune gained me about 11.5hp and 5 lb-ft of torque at the peak values. A closer review of the dynosheet reveals that my power peak is also a little higher, almost at redline vs. at about 6.4k rpm for dynoflash and the torque taper in the mid-range to top-end is visibly improved. Air fuel ratios are, on average about .3 points leaner throughout the engines operating range. Peace

some? thats alot. Just to share another perspective. I baselined my evo at tt with 248/250, stock. With Downpipe, RS intake, flash and mbc set to 21 i made 286/305...No exhaust.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 03:04 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by prostockCRX
Sure, brb

unless this thread gets locked, as they do whenever something positive is said about pruven or dynoflash.

be back in 10
ken@pruven

Awe.... bovine droppings; doesn't make any difference what the mod's actions are. Some one will take exception as long as people are more than willing to put us in a no win situation. I'm sorry you feel that way and email Mark if you feel that is the policy around here.

Speedlimit...
Old Sep 27, 2004, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by prostockCRX
Sure, brb

unless this thread gets locked, as they do whenever something positive is said about pruven or dynoflash.

be back in 10
ken@pruven

I think 6 hours is longer than 10 minutes... just playin
Old Sep 27, 2004, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

I would like to see Al get another chance to tune it with the HKS intake installed on the car. I bet you would see a larger increase than 5-6 hp and you most likley would not loose the tq. I think your thread is a great one and it has been kept civil. I am concerned as an impartial person to say loosing 30ft of tq is not worth 5-6 hp up top with your new TT tune to me. Best of luck and thanks for giving both tuners a nod up on your experiences.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 04:37 PM
Former Sponsor

These cars make optimal power from 11.2 - 11.8 afr .. This is what i aim for. There is nothing wrong with running these AFR. Sniffing exhaust gas after a cat will yeild .2 - .3 pts higher AFR. Unlike other tuners i do not run the same secondary igntion nor fuel map. I keep both of them very conservative... IE ( factory settings ) This enables the car in the event of bad gas , to revert to the safer fuel or ignition map. The diff of the two maps would take you from 11.5 afr to a 10.0 .. in a split second. If both maps are the same, and the car knocks you wont see it , the car will simply go to the secondary maps which are the same as the primary which is knocking.. ( you get the point ) Im glad i got the oportunity to meet everyone this weekend. It was all in all a good day. I believe that the handful of people that really needed help got it. Im always willing to explain what we do and how its done. People were asking me questions about how reflashing works and what is done to the ECU. Our doors are always open to people who have questions or concerns about how a car is tuned.

Mark
Turbotrix Racing
Old Sep 27, 2004, 04:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
I would like to see Al get another chance to tune it with the HKS intake installed on the car. I bet you would see a larger increase than 5-6 hp and you most likley would not loose the tq. I think your thread is a great one and it has been kept civil. I am concerned as an impartial person to say loosing 30ft of tq is not worth 5-6 hp up top with your new TT tune to me. Best of luck and thanks for giving both tuners a nod up on your experiences.
To your point .. His car was put on our dyno with 30ft less torque, i believe 296ft lbs to be exact. same boost. He gained Tq when he left. You cannot compare a tq figure he got months ago on another dyno. Its odd to make 30more ft lbs of torque over HP. IMHO... He made 302whp and 296ft lbs.. 3 pull later yeilded his results. I would seriously doubt the HKS intake would drop 30ft lbs of tq ..

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Sep 27, 2004, 04:55 PM

People are making way to much of this. Some came out happy, some didn't - big deal. What are you guy's arguing for? These debates have been covered before and no one ever wins. If 10whp gain by Mark, Al or David Buschur makes a huge difference in your life, well, you need to get a life.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 04:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by metaphysical
People are making way to much of this. Some came out happy, some didn't - big deal. What are you guy's arguing for? These debates have been covered before and no one ever wins. If 10whp gain by Mark, Al or David Buschur makes a huge difference in your life, well, you need to get a life.

Old Sep 27, 2004, 05:18 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Bravo to TT, Al, Pruven, and everyone who has made this such a civilized thread
Old Sep 27, 2004, 05:44 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mitsuorder
Bravo to TT, Al, Pruven, and everyone who has made this such a civilized thread
yes, I'm still in shock... but grateful
Old Sep 27, 2004, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

I told Al what was wrong with the idle on my car and he fixed "over a mail in flash", the car now drives better then stock. I will be heading out to the track in October and going for a few 11's with a Al/BR tune. All I can say so far is Al is true to "NY", what do ya want and I will give it to ya, but I won't hold your hand and tell you how pretty you are! Point is, maybe TT made "more" power, great! All I know is I gave Al my ECU with some discriptions of what was wrong and he fixed it. Did I mention me car put down some pretty good (not dyno) times? I am not knocking TT, just stating what Al has done for me.
Old Sep 27, 2004, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
someone jus needs to take a stock evo...have it tuned by dynoflash...report the numbers. reflash it back to stock then take it to turbotrix and have them tune it....then report the numbers. then compare. someone please do this so we can end this debate.

even a modded evo...just don't change your parts inbetween tunes.