Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Tuning with the HKS FCON V PRO ecu - 367 tq, 354 whp - pump gas, stock turbo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2004, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So it's a blown up UTEC or XEDE? except it can rid the car of the MAS which the UTEC will be able to do later?

bryan

Last edited by bryans2k; Oct 2, 2004 at 09:16 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 12:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Its similar to the UTEC, but I never researched much further into it after I found out it cannot be user tuned.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
sorry to be off topic btw those are some crazy numbers over 350 on a factory turbo 4 cyl car thats amazing.

dan does it have boost by gear or multi stage boost control? can you make it work with individual coil packs? and how hard/expensive would all this be? and would YOU guys be able to fine tune at the track, does it have a wideband input?

hehe and by the way just cant resist, thank god for those double PR guys huh bro? hehe

Ed-
Old Oct 3, 2004, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by ModenaTwinTurbo
sorry to be off topic btw those are some crazy numbers over 350 on a factory turbo 4 cyl car thats amazing.

dan does it have boost by gear or multi stage boost control? can you make it work with individual coil packs? and how hard/expensive would all this be? and would YOU guys be able to fine tune at the track, does it have a wideband input?

hehe and by the way just cant resist, thank god for those double PR guys huh bro? hehe

Ed-
Dude, your signature stinks of arrogance....F*ck off!!! You don't know a ***** by the last name of Castriota do ya?

Last edited by JohnnyChimpo; Oct 3, 2004 at 01:58 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 02:00 AM
Evolved Member

its just a joke man relax. i'm an f1 fan and ferrari team is my favorite. btw if u think i own those cars, i dont i'm only 20 years old n just a college student. but if i did own em DONT HATE APRECIATE .

Ed-
Old Oct 3, 2004, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by ModenaTwinTurbo
its just a joke man relax. i'm an f1 fan and ferrari team is my favorite. btw if u think i own those cars, i dont i'm only 20 years old n just a college student. but if i did own em DONT HATE APRECIATE .

Ed-
It's cool...but if someone actually does own those cars on this forum, and presented them in here in there sig, I would say exactly what i just said, not because I'm jealous, but because someone would have the audacity to brag about their "sweet *** car collection...enzo, modena.....and, oh yeah, my evo...". It's like saying "hey, I'm a multi-millionare dick head....and blah blah blah.....I'm sure you understand
Old Oct 3, 2004, 02:16 AM
Evolving Member

if I could do it over again, id use this ecu, cuz it can control nitrous also.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 02:25 AM
Evolved Member

actually i cant say i understand because if i did own those cars i wouldnt hate me at all i'd love my self very much. every morning that i wake up i'd look in the mirror and say to my self "self your a sexy b*tc#, and i love you so much". hahaha bro lighten up lifes short live easy man.

dan let me know about the questions i asked i'm really interested 2 know since u guys are so close.

Ed-
Old Oct 3, 2004, 04:16 AM
Evolving Member

Hi all. I was present at Pruven during Dan's Multiple Dyno Runs. Car is very powerful. I also detected a little flutter like maybe the clutch was nearing the straining point (370 lb ft of torque will do that). WHo knows, if there as a exedy twin plate in there, maybe even a few more hp/lb-lbs. nice job Dan.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Guys,

Thanks for showing interest. The v-pro is a complete standalone and is not even comparable to u-tec or xede. I am in no way saying either of thoses 2 units are bad, they are just piggybacks and both work well, however with the V-pro there is complete control. Just check out Turbo magazine with the 1100 wheel horsepower Supra, guess what he is using? You got it, a V-pro.

As for the questions out there, I would have to reasearch further about the boost control because in this paticular application we were using and HKS EVC, so there was no need to play with that at this point, but I am sure there is some kind of boost controll in there. Yes, you can configure it with any kind of ignition system. The price would really depend on what type of coils you get. there are cheap coils out there thatt will cost $50 a coil and there are coils out there that will cost $500 a coil. Really depends what you are looking for. At this power level there is no need for thoses kind of parts, unless you really want it. At this level its basicly a waste to do coils.

You can tune it anywhere, but it can only be tuned by an authorized dealer and it can be used with a wideband. You can basicly input your target air/ fuel and it will do just that. You can even program a target air/fuel for full throttle conditons too! What a great unit. Hope this answers your questions. Please feel free to ask whatever you want.

take care,
Dan @ Pruven Performance
Old Oct 3, 2004, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

thats cool.

Ed-
Old Oct 3, 2004, 06:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I've always liked (and wanted) the V-pro.. But I absolutely refuse to use a product that does not allow me to make my own adjustments...
Old Oct 3, 2004, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Question

Dan what about cold starting? Is this unit like the Aem which sometimes take forever to start on cold days? Also how much would it be to retune the car when adding mods? One more ? Can you have a race tune and a pump gas tune? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Oct 3, 2004, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

i dont believe that you can entirely blame the cold start on the aem its self. cold start has to do mainly with the ignition/fuel correction trim for coolant temp and air intake temp. if they are not setup propperly then the car will take for ever to start on cold weather. it can happen with any stand alone unit if its not setup propperly.

and about the race tune and pump gas tune. if the computers tuning window is large enough i.e. it goes up to 30 psi or so. you just have to tune it from the least of vacume that the engine sees all the way up to lets say the 20 or 23 psi that you might run on pump gas and then from there till the lets say 28 or 30 psi that you run on race fuel you tune those areas accordingly. so basically if the computer has a 30 or so psi limit on the pressure sensor it uses, and of course the window was set with load sites that read that high, then you can do that "race/pump tune" thing. i'm sure it is possible with the hks unit as it is with basically all the other stand alone units. you just have to ask your tuner to calibrate the computer in that manner.

Ed-
Old Oct 3, 2004, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

In one of your posts you said the hkls unit was the best you can get. Can you tell me the differences between the aem and hks unit? From what im reading they both do just about everything the same. Im not trying to flame or anything i just have a aem and have been happy with it but if there is somthing that is better or maybe offers somthing that the aem does not that would be usefull maybe i would switch. The only thing im not very fond of so far is the user not being able to tune it themselves.

Also does it have a built in logger? Im sure it probably does but i thought i would ask. Also even though it is said that it can only be tuned by a hks distributor is it still possible to tune it yourself through a laptop or do you need some special software and hardware to do this?

Thanx
Chris

Quick Reply: Tuning with the HKS FCON V PRO ecu - 367 tq, 354 whp - pump gas, stock turbo