Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Stalling problem when coming to a stop.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2004, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the HKS RS kit with the stock BOV, had the car stall once. Seems like it wants to stall when I push the clutch rolling to a stop in first with the wheel slightly turned. Stalled once, almost stalled at least 4 times pulling into the gate on base. Thought it might have something to do with the flash but I think it's the intake, since I had both done at the same time.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

i made my own intake 3 inch piping tapering out to 4inch to mount to the turbo the filter sits where the airbox used to sit.... i had the same problems you are experiencing after not haveing them at all then i remembered i added shims to the bov, i took the extra ones i put in and used only the ones it came with and the problem no longer exists

it tries to stall when you turn the wheel because of the extra load the power steering pump puts on the engine when you turn,,,,the extra load only makes the problem worse....
my did exactly what yours does..
regards rick
Old Oct 5, 2004, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justrick
i made my own intake 3 inch piping tapering out to 4inch to mount to the turbo the filter sits where the airbox used to sit.... i had the same problems you are experiencing after not haveing them at all then i remembered i added shims to the bov, i took the extra ones i put in and used only the ones it came with and the problem no longer exists

it tries to stall when you turn the wheel because of the extra load the power steering pump puts on the engine when you turn,,,,the extra load only makes the problem worse....
my did exactly what yours does..
regards rick
Are you using the stock BOV? If not should I get an aftermarket one to help fix this problem?

It's not a nusence, the stalling or puttering only happens on occasions nothing to bring it in the shop for and have them look at then laugh when they see the mods and say your warrenty is voided. Duh.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

I'm going to do the spring mod this weekend and see what happens. Thanks again everyone for the help...