Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New clutch pictures: Ogura Carbon Clutch

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2004, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New clutch pictures: Ogura Carbon Clutch

Hi all
Just got my hands on the new Ogura Carbon Clutch, P/N ORC-559CC-01M5 and decided to take some pictures to share.
On preliminary inspection, the Ogura seems a tad smaller than the ATS. If I'm not mistaken, the ATS has a clutch diameter of 225mm, the Ogura is probably around 200mm. The carbon discs also look different, with a latticed surface for the Ogura. The fully floating centre spline for the Ogura is also of a different design.
Attached Thumbnails New clutch pictures: Ogura Carbon Clutch-ogura-carbon.jpg   New clutch pictures: Ogura Carbon Clutch-ogura-vs-ats.jpg   New clutch pictures: Ogura Carbon Clutch-inside-ogura.jpg   New clutch pictures: Ogura Carbon Clutch-floating-centre.jpg   New clutch pictures: Ogura Carbon Clutch-carbon-clutch-disc.jpg  

Old Oct 4, 2004, 04:33 PM

That is very sexy. Let us know how it feels/wears after you've had it a little while. I am going to end up with a carbon/carbon clutch in the not-too-distant future. So far I'm sold on ATS, but if this works, it might be an option.

Is the Ogura push- or pull-type?
Old Oct 4, 2004, 04:43 PM
Evolving Member

Hotness.

BTW, do you know / could you find out how much that clutch would weigh fully assembled?
Old Oct 4, 2004, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Very nice!!! How much did that thing cost you?
Old Oct 4, 2004, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sleet
How much did that thing cost you?
????
Old Oct 4, 2004, 06:10 PM

-130 R-
Carbon/Carbon? Erm..all these japanese carbon clutches are actually carbon composite clutch discs on metal wear plates, although ATS has the CCM option which coats the metal wear plates with carbon composite. How they do it, I duno. Strictly speaking, carbon/carbon clutches are stuff like AP Racing and Tilton...serious hardware. RPS is also coming out with one soon I heard.

Ogura is a push type clutch
The complete kit includes a replacement fork, release bearing, a NEW slave cylinder with mounts and a normal rubber clutch hose to suit the new pump. Quite good.

alfredob1
I'll attempt to get it weighed, but don't have a digital scale at the shop. No promises.

sleet
Retails at 245,000 Yen...so the bill wasn't pretty. Just for comparison's sake, ATS Twin Carbon lists at 205,000 Yen.
Old Oct 5, 2004, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by BakZamGai
-130 R-
Carbon/Carbon? Erm..all these japanese carbon clutches are actually carbon composite clutch discs on metal wear plates, although ATS has the CCM option which coats the metal wear plates with carbon composite. How they do it, I duno. Strictly speaking, carbon/carbon clutches are stuff like AP Racing and Tilton...serious hardware. RPS is also coming out with one soon I heard.

Ogura is a push type clutch
The complete kit includes a replacement fork, release bearing, a NEW slave cylinder with mounts and a normal rubber clutch hose to suit the new pump. Quite good.

alfredob1
I'll attempt to get it weighed, but don't have a digital scale at the shop. No promises.

sleet
Retails at 245,000 Yen...so the bill wasn't pretty. Just for comparison's sake, ATS Twin Carbon lists at 205,000 Yen.

Good point...RPS makes the worlds first 10" Twin disc Carbon-Carbon clutch for the Evo8.