Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

All about CAMS....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2004, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Guack007
Wow, someone got really defensive. Maybe if you would have searched for "duration" or "264" or "something more broad then just the word cams" you would have found the info. Or maybe just gone to howstuffworks.com (even they explain duration and lift)

BTW I never said anything about your knowledge on cars. Just that I hate when newBs dont search.

If you actually read everypost Ive ever said youd see I have answered this question at least a dozen times here and help people all the time.
I didn't get defensive, i just don't like people like you, with a higher post count calling me a noob. yeah, im a noob to the evo, thats why im asking about it on here...im about to buy one. BUT, im far from a noob on car forums, and have been an administrator on 2 Z forums. Im not a noob. I know how to search, why don't you spend 25 minutes searching through crap and give me an answer? its much easier on everyone to ask when its something like that. Anyway, i got my answer, so thanks for being a *****.
Old Oct 9, 2004, 01:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THis thread turned out better then I thought it would. Good info Chris
Old Oct 12, 2004, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Crower Cam Shaft Set (Pair)
Stage 2 - Combination Stage 2 intake and Stage 1 exhaust (264/272 combo). RPM Range: Idle to 7750.
Intake Duration is 244 Degrees with .415" Of Lift
Exhaust Duration is 258 Degrees with .405" Of Lift.
Old Oct 12, 2004, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Guack007
Wow, someone got really defensive. Maybe if you would have searched for "duration" or "264" or "something more broad then just the word cams" you would have found the info. Or maybe just gone to howstuffworks.com (even they explain duration and lift)

BTW I never said anything about your knowledge on cars. Just that I hate when newBs dont search.

If you actually read everypost Ive ever said youd see I have answered this question at least a dozen times here and help people all the time.

uh 007, Why do you care if someone doesn't search? Are you the searchmaster? I mean if you see a redundant post then don't enter it!!! It's your waste of time by replying to the post you entered just to bash someone. Besides you do realize that there will be more newbies all the time and more of this so called "dilemma". I suggest you get ovet it, or start finding something better to do with your time.

There is good info here though, I am thinking about getting cams myself, and the more info I get the better!
Old Oct 12, 2004, 05:40 PM

Thank you for all relavent information posted. My MR will be getting cams, gears, and springs/retainers, and I appreciate threads like this.