Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Twin Exedy Clutch...Not good on wear or for daily!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RPSPP
All twin discs warp on the exception on our clutch RPS Twin disc Carbon-Carbon! We also offer a one of a kind rebuild program that includes the entire friction surface to be replaced! This is the real McCoy of all twin disc clutch!
how much whp do you need to even think about a carbon/carbon set up?
Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rally_Red_Bmore
ive never launched, never slipped mine. dont even use the gas when starting from a stop, have 10k on my stock clutch, and its still grabbing like it came fresh
how do you manage to make the car go from a stop without using the gas pedal?
Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by evo81
how much whp do you need to even think about a carbon/carbon set up?
Stock and to 1000hp for that matter. This will be true if you are going to keep the car for a long period of time and also want a clutch that keeps the maintenance cost down to a minimum for the duration of the cars life!
This clutch has been used and loved by many cars that makes big power for over 2yrs and have said this is the only product that has any value behind it. A product achievement like this is very rare. So this is a wise investment that takes place for your Evo 8.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone want to buy a kidney so I can get a clutch
Old Oct 20, 2004, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by justchil
Anyone want to buy a kidney so I can get a clutch
Did you sell half of your brain for the EVO8?
Old Oct 20, 2004, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

is anyone properly breaking their clutches in? I am getting the impression that these new clutches are seeing the drag strip right out of the box. Everything has somewhat of a breakin period. mmmmmm
Old Oct 20, 2004, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

My clutch is still fairly strong @ 20k miles.. I haven't drag raced it or anything. A guy I know just got a RPS twin carbon and loves it. I'm just having a hard time throwing almost 3k down for just a clutch.. but I would like to have the twin carbon as well.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 01:32 PM

My clutch is still fairly strong @ 20k miles.. I haven't drag raced it or anything. A guy I know just got a RPS twin carbon and loves it. I'm just having a hard time throwing almost 3k down for just a clutch.. but I would like to have the twin carbon as well.
By the time you spend on two Exedy twin discs (ceramic type) @ $1500.00 each you already purchased and overspent on the RPS Twin disc that will not only be the last clutch you buy but also hold all of the torque that you throw at it. And if you ever wear it out you will be able to send it back to us and rebuild it correctly with our warranty behind it! That is a small price to pay as the full MSRP is $2895.00!
Old Oct 20, 2004, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

JT, can we hear from more of your customers rather than your sales staff? Are you a vendor here?

http://corp.evolutionm.net/advertisers.php
Old Oct 20, 2004, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RPSPP
By the time you spend on two Exedy twin discs (ceramic type) @ $1500.00 each you already purchased and overspent on the RPS Twin disc that will not only be the last clutch you buy but also hold all of the torque that you throw at it. And if you ever wear it out you will be able to send it back to us and rebuild it correctly with our warranty behind it! That is a small price to pay as the full MSRP is $2895.00!

Hi JT, so you finally came out with it . How long has the EVO twin disc carbon carbon been available?

Is the pedal pressure stiffer and if so by how much?

Does it growl? What kind of noise does it make?

The Exedy is very quiet, and your clutches have been known to growl loudly. I know, I had one on my vr4. It was loud and very stiff but verrrrrrrrry smooth.

Is there a shop car that we can come by and test or are there any locals that have it that we can take a test drive in? for $3K plus, I want quiet, smooth, and easy pedal effort.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Well you're comparing apples an oranges there. I'd be curious to see how the Exedy Twin Carbon compares to the RPS.

The fact that my friend talks so highly about his rps twin and as you stated they can be rebuilt would cause me to lean towards RPS.

I'm not really looking at making over 300-400hp ever but I want something that can hold up to some launches and now break my transfer case

Carbon seems the way to go.. even though it cost a good bit more. The labor alone of installing another clutch instead of just buying a carbon disc the first time would be enough reason for me Not to mention I'll be driving 300-400 miles for an install when it's time.

Good info guys.. and btw I didn't sell my brain.. only my soul
Old Oct 20, 2004, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Well you're comparing apples an oranges there. I'd be curious to see how the Exedy Twin Carbon compares to the RPS.

The fact that my friend talks so highly about his rps twin and as you stated they can be rebuilt would cause me to lean towards RPS.

I'm not really looking at making over 300-400hp ever but I want something that can hold up to some launches and now break my transfer case

Carbon seems the way to go.. even though it cost a good bit more. The labor alone of installing another clutch instead of just buying a carbon disc the first time would be enough reason for me Not to mention I'll be driving 300-400 miles for an install when it's time.

Good info guys.. and btw I didn't sell my brain.. only my soul
The Exedy twin plate non carbon is still a high holding capacity twin plate. It's run on the Vishnu car with no problems, same clutch for about a year now I think and thats through the one lap and C & D super car. They won't use any other clutch including the Exedy Carbon, until someone steps up with the goods.

Claims are great, but if the thing makes embarrassing noises and has a stiff pedal, the trade off isn't worth it to me.

I've met Rob and he makes a phenomenal product. I've spoken w/ Jt earlier this year, but it's still an un-proven entity until someone puts 5 or 10,000 miles on one and can give a report, or I can drive one.

I want proof before I smack down 3 g's.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Nice

If anyone wants to buy me an rps twin carbon i'll test it and report back
Old Oct 20, 2004, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

do it.this could be my next clutch whenever my act goes out.if there saying this is the last clutch you'll ever buy,i'll buy it.i just wanna hear the people from the streets have to say when its in there daily driven evo
Old Oct 20, 2004, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

i am shopping for i new clutch also... wouldnt mind being the tester/guinea pig.
*Wink!*

Quick Reply: Twin Exedy Clutch...Not good on wear or for daily!