Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

rps twin disk carbon carbon

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2004, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just to let everyone know that saad saad did put down 1400+ rwhp on the rps carbon carbon, but he is also looking for a new clutch since it won't hold the power when he drags. His times are very non-consistent with his best time of a 9.900. Everything from that was from mid 10's to 11's. He just can't get those goodyear slicks to hook. I think he's leaning towards a tilton carbon clutch.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Widebandphillip
just to let everyone know that saad saad did put down 1400+ rwhp on the rps carbon carbon, but he is also looking for a new clutch since it won't hold the power when he drags. His times are very non-consistent with his best time of a 9.900. Everything from that was from mid 10's to 11's. He just can't get those goodyear slicks to hook. I think he's leaning towards a tilton carbon clutch.
RPS does hold the power and it's more to it than just that! Saad is still learning how to drive that car with that kind of power. The RPS clutch isn't what is keeping him to do 8 sec passes, it's his driving style from the stand point that the Supra is making. Every year Saad does improve on the track. So before you make any statements on how RPS clutches are "very non-consistent" you should look at all of RPS C/C and non C/C users 60ft and E.T. Ryan Woon just makes a tad more than 1000RWHP and his 60ft and new E.T. record at Pomona says it all.
Old Nov 7, 2004, 11:07 PM

RPS is releasing the Twin disc Carbon-Carbon on the 8th of November.
Old Nov 7, 2004, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

great news,i want this clutch
Old Nov 7, 2004, 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, nice
Old Nov 8, 2004, 12:03 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the weight, and over all diameter of the complete system?
Old Nov 8, 2004, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Zeus
What is the weight, and over all diameter of the complete system?
Hi Zeus,
Thank you for asking. The total assembly weight is 31lbs. The clutch diameter is 9 3/4" for all wear surfaces and clutch width is 1 3/4". RPS is the only manufacture to produce Carbon-Carbon model specific on the EVO 8. Making it the only company also that provides a rebuild program for all friction mating surfaces. This will be the last EVO 8 clutch that you purchase.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 05:46 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RPSPP
Hi Zeus,
Thank you for asking. The total assembly weight is 31lbs. The clutch diameter is 9 3/4" for all wear surfaces and clutch width is 1 3/4". RPS is the only manufacture to produce Carbon-Carbon model specific on the EVO 8. Making it the only company also that provides a rebuild program for all friction mating surfaces. This will be the last EVO 8 clutch that you purchase.
There are many different options for clutches now and I know of a few more. Out of all of them this just is the end solution with the most support and the warranty to back it up.

Now in stock with no wait time. We bought all the ones they had.

Last edited by Geo@EvoStore; Nov 9, 2004 at 08:06 PM.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by RPSPP
Hi Zeus,
The average twin disc from other manufactures has a smaller diameter size which is 8" for all wear surfaces and clutch width is 1 1/4". Making this a drag clutch or a clutch that supposed to last a long time doesn't cut the measurement required to do all that. Clutches that are going to be used hard will wear much quicker do to heat caused by friction and uneven surfaces. This will be the premature failure to most clutches that has excessive clutch abuse. But, hey why buy this car if you're not going to have fun with it. With a C/C clutch by RPS you can do anything to it and get away from premature failure.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 09:31 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

My question was geared more toward how much heavier the unit was than a single disc setup for the purposes of road racing. Seems it will be adding a little "drag" pushing that weight out that far... can't argue about how sturdy it should be though.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 10:38 PM

My question was geared more toward how much heavier the unit was than a single disc setup for the purposes of road racing. Seems it will be adding a little "drag" pushing that weight out that far... can't argue about how sturdy it should be though.
I think you are asking in the weight of the disc?
Or the FW weight?
Cheers,
Old Nov 9, 2004, 10:56 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The entire package... only the novice would only consider the flywheel alone in matters of rotational inertia.
Old Nov 9, 2004, 11:12 PM

The entire package... only the novice would only consider the flywheel alone in matters of rotational inertia.
Hi Zeus,
Thank you for asking. The total assembly weight is 31lbs. As mentioned above
Old Nov 10, 2004, 06:41 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Thanks, got it the first time... and didn't understand the point of your follow up
Old Nov 12, 2004, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

FYI, I asked Rob/RPS president about the flywheel weight. It's 3 lbs less than stock. For reference, IIRC, he said the Exedy twin plate FW was 10 lbs lighter than stock. My guess would be the two units, stock and RPS, total weight should be about the same.

Anyone know the weight of the stock unit including flywheel? That should get to the answer I think you were looking for Zeus; Does the RPS add any weight over the stock unit?

Quick Reply: rps twin disk carbon carbon