Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

rps twin disk carbon carbon

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2004, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just doubled posted by accident.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by sleet
Do you think that the price of this clutch will ever go down? I plan on buying one but it just might take awhile heh =x
The price won't go down! The price of the clutch might go up next year! The cost of production do go up every year just like our gas pump prices.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

I have just fitted one and now just bedding it in but so far stunned by it, You cannot tell the diff over a stock clutch even the wife can drive it, Just got to put 500mile on it before the real testing starts, Very happy.

Mark
Old Dec 13, 2004, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mark S
I have just fitted one and now just bedding it in but so far stunned by it, You cannot tell the diff over a stock clutch even the wife can drive it, Just got to put 500mile on it before the real testing starts, Very happy.

Mark
From what I also heard is that there isn't that (box of rocks) noise that usually makes a twin disc clutch apparent in a car. Is the RPS Twin disc quiet? Just asking since we did engineered it to be quite. Cheers,
Old Dec 13, 2004, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RPSPP
From what I also heard is that there isn't that (box of rocks) noise that usually makes a twin disc clutch apparent in a car. Is the RPS Twin disc quiet? Just asking since we did engineered it to be quite. Cheers,
Yeah - But I don't think any twin disk will have those noises in the first 500 miles let alone 1000 miles. I don't think I got the infamous "chatter" untill 2000 miles into my Twin Plate.

From my understanding - it takes time for the tolerences to "loosen up" and thus cause the chatter.

RPSPP - Since you guys are back on this thread - Is there any news about my questions? How is the car at Pruven performance holding upto the clutch? I heard the RPS clutch was having "issues" but I can't seem to get specifics.

Thanks,

-Matt
Old Dec 13, 2004, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

The price won't go down! The price of the clutch might go up next year! The cost of production do go up every year just like our gas pump prices.
Damnit I guess it's gonna be awhile for me then...
Old Dec 14, 2004, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by MattGold
Yeah - But I don't think any twin disk will have those noises in the first 500 miles let alone 1000 miles. I don't think I got the infamous "chatter" untill 2000 miles into my Twin Plate.

From my understanding - it takes time for the tolerences to "loosen up" and thus cause the chatter.

RPSPP - Since you guys are back on this thread - Is there any news about my questions? How is the car at Pruven performance holding upto the clutch? I heard the RPS clutch was having "issues" but I can't seem to get specifics.

Thanks,

-Matt
Hi Matt,
I guess the infamous "chatter" will have to be determined after 2000 miles but I see it being still quite. As for Pruven it is a manner where the TOB was giving him issues nothing more. RPS has made the changes to keep the TOB retained in its place, this is a extensively modified TOB and Clip. This TOB and Clip will not come out unless you are using our procedure to take it out. We are releasing this new part to all customers that had purchased our twin disc C/C product. All else for Pruven it held the power that it made with ease.
Cheers,
Old Dec 14, 2004, 10:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

NM
Old Dec 14, 2004, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

We are releasing this new part to all customers that had purchased our twin disc C/C product.
Cheers,
Is this being shipped with all the new kits, and starting when?

for people with the original kit, do you recommend them swapping it out?
Old Dec 14, 2004, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

The clutch is very quiet, and your Granny can drive it I got stuck in traffic on the way home and accutly enjoyed using it I have to say top quailty worth every penny.

Mark
Old Dec 14, 2004, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by wilson1
Is this being shipped with all the new kits, and starting when?

for people with the original kit, do you recommend them swapping it out?
>>Is this being shipped with all the new kits, and starting when?
All customers are aware about the new TOB and RPS has sent it to them. All of the original kits that has been shipped are using the modified TOB. So, no issues are going to follow.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mark S
The clutch is very quiet, and your Granny can drive it I got stuck in traffic on the way home and accutly enjoyed using it I have to say top quailty worth every penny.

Mark
Thank you for your input!
Cheers,
Old Dec 14, 2004, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the quick reply.
Can't wait to get mines on.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by wilson1
Thanks for the quick reply.
Can't wait to get mines on.
Where did you purchase your twin from?
Old Dec 14, 2004, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Hi Matt,
I guess the infamous "chatter" will have to be determined after 2000 miles but I see it being still quite. As for Pruven it is a manner where the TOB was giving him issues nothing more. RPS has made the changes to keep the TOB retained in its place, this is a extensively modified TOB and Clip. This TOB and Clip will not come out unless you are using our procedure to take it out. We are releasing this new part to all customers that had purchased our twin disc C/C product. All else for Pruven it held the power that it made with ease.
Cheers,
Oh, ok. It was only a TOB issue? That's not bad...

Just curious - are the discs sprung hubs?

Thanks,

-M

Quick Reply: rps twin disk carbon carbon