Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

anyone with US Mirage with EVO motor

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2002, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just went over this thread again from the beggining, just because i enjoyed the conversation and i just want to clear some things up

when i said common, i didnt mean with the evo4^ motor and the new lancer

i was referring more to the older ones, we have quite a few in the Tampa Bay DSM club

i dont ever mean to come off as a person that knows more then anyone else, my life is a constant learning experience, and if it seemed like i was trying to prove anyone wrong or anything i wasnt...

soooooooo lol now here comes the wiring nightmare :-)
Old Nov 20, 2002, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Clay
i just went over this thread again from the beggining, just because i enjoyed the conversation and i just want to clear some things up

when i said common, i didnt mean with the evo4^ motor and the new lancer

i was referring more to the older ones, we have quite a few in the Tampa Bay DSM club

i dont ever mean to come off as a person that knows more then anyone else, my life is a constant learning experience, and if it seemed like i was trying to prove anyone wrong or anything i wasnt...

soooooooo lol now here comes the wiring nightmare :-)
Cool. I fully understand where you're coming from. I'm sure you know about the 2dr mirage with the 2.4 turbo AWD set up in FL, huh? That baby really makes me drool

I've been around Mirage boards for 3-4 years and have been doing research about this topic since day 1. I still find more info every now and then. It's very true that DSM/EVO I-III are much "easier" (relativelly speaking) to work with...

I prob with see if I can build a AWD 4G Mirage myself, if the funding is ok...
Old Nov 20, 2002, 06:01 PM

i assume you are talkin about the yellow one, his name his jerry, he is helpin me install my motor, he lives in tampa also, he has a galant block like i was talkin about up there, his car runs like an 11.2 in the quarter with a t3/t4 turbo

the car is crazy, but yah, hes helpin me, i was up at his garage the other day, he was workin on a gst that he converted to awd

hes the man, im lettin him convert mine to awd next year lol :-)

if i ever get the car runnin again
Old Nov 20, 2002, 06:02 PM

if you want to look at a Mirage kicking butt refer to my mate pauls www.ohlsendevelopments.co.nz

he's got a 4wd mirage with a 4G63 Evo Zero motor in it cranking around 400+hp and doing 11's down the quarter. This thing is a leathel beast and fully street legal, he drives this puppy around for work hahaha

If $$$ permits he wants it cranking 600hp
Old Nov 20, 2002, 06:04 PM

what is an evo zero
Old Nov 20, 2002, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

what is an evo zero
I assume the EVO VI Zero fighter?
Old Nov 20, 2002, 06:15 PM

lol airplane motor?

like the mitsubishi zero bomber that attacked pearl harbor? lol

now THERES a motor swap, if they really named an engine after their zero bomber planes you would get killed driving one of those in america lol
Old Nov 20, 2002, 06:26 PM

what is an evo zero
Evo Zero is the first of the evo's it came out in 1990-91 in a Galant shape. Mainly in New Zealand and Japan.

This is one for ya
http://home.xtra.co.nz/hosts/vision/gvr4.htm
Old Nov 20, 2002, 06:29 PM

alot of the zero's do low 11's in New Zealand but cant go much passed that because it's about the same weight as a Military Tank!! but they still kick butt
Old Nov 20, 2002, 06:59 PM

oh so its just a built galant vr4? thats cool
Old Nov 20, 2002, 07:21 PM

yeah fully in production tho. they werent a backyard built evo, they came stright from the factory in Japan. and they're pretty cheap in New Zealand. In US Dollars you could pick one up for about 2k and spend another 3 or 4k and BAM!!! your in the low 12's. it's as easy as that!!
Old Nov 20, 2002, 07:33 PM

id sport one, they look good
Old Nov 20, 2002, 07:35 PM

why not aye? i mean they're cheap, they have a electronic diff with (30:70) power split.... DRiiiiiiFT away!!
Old Nov 20, 2002, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Clay, while you've got your car in pieces why don't you consider a tranny swap also. Might want to grab yourself an Eclipse GT 5sp, if it is possible and swap that in - I've heard lost of mixed reviews about Level 10. Have you considered trying to make some sort of Frankenstein motor using your 2.4 bottom with the EVO head? Or am I trying to make things too complicated?

Oh yeah, almost forgot, there are EVO Zero Fighter editions which probably would be a marketing mistake here in the U.S. They are just hard tuned EVO VI's.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 09:01 PM

yeah there are Evo Zero Fighters that are available in the U.K and yeah all they are, are highly tuned Evo 6's but they crank out around 400hp.... very nice

Quick Reply: anyone with US Mirage with EVO motor