Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

JUST BOUGHT aatp 3071R TURBO KIT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2004, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like a promising turbo kit! The only thing im worried about is the stock manifold. Who knows if it will hold up in the long run.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SurfguruJon311
Looks like a promising turbo kit! The only thing im worried about is the stock manifold. Who knows if it will hold up in the long run.

In fact the stock manifold is the manifold that will live forever... very very strong... However. if you dont like it you cant replace it with any aftermarket one
Old Oct 24, 2004, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
In fact the stock manifold is the manifold that will live forever... very very strong... However. if you dont like it you cant replace it with any aftermarket one
Wow, thats good! I would rather keep the stock manifold anyway just for the stealth look!
Old Oct 24, 2004, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, thats good! I would rather keep the stock manifold anyway just for the stealth look!

I just replaced mine and it looks amazing plus I will let you guys know if my turbo will spool up better in few days. I am thinking 200 RPM better spool (hope) putting me down to 3600~ 3700 RPM on 3rd gear. After all the one I just bought looks much better in flowing air
Old Oct 24, 2004, 10:44 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
There is nothing to worry about with the stock manifold - at all.

The only downside I see to the ATP kits is they don't seem to make quite the power of the same size turbos in the more expensive kits. I am still looking at one as an upgrade possibility, but there is a tradeoff that comes with the attractive price.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
There is nothing to worry about with the stock manifold - at all.

The only downside I see to the ATP kits is they don't seem to make quite the power of the same size turbos in the more expensive kits. I am still looking at one as an upgrade possibility, but there is a tradeoff that comes with the attractive price.

What do you mean they are not making power? have you seen my dyno and my numbers? if so can you explain How I spent only $2400 and making 120 WHP more than stock?? and I have still so much room to play when I get my cams and cam gears.. I am not attacking you but please when you post have some data ready to prove your point.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 04:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
I said it seems they are not making the quite same power as the same size turbos in other kits. This observation comes not from me, but from tuners who have worked with these kits and others. When I posed the obvious question, I was informed the reason appears to be due to tolerances within the turbo itself.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

I just replaced mine and it looks amazing plus I will let you guys know if my turbo will spool up better in few days. I am thinking 200 RPM better spool (hope) putting me down to 3600~ 3700 RPM on 3rd gear. After all the one I just bought looks much better in flowing air
Hey az3ar, what did you replace the stock manifold with?
Old Oct 24, 2004, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

a manifold from ebay with life time warranty that was built by SS. looks exactly like the DNP and the JIC one... life time warranty is enough for me.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 04:53 PM
Evolving Member

a manifold from ebay with life time warranty that was built by SS. looks exactly like the DNP and the JIC one... life time warranty is enough for me.
cant blame ya!
Old Oct 24, 2004, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

I have it and I love it man. I am making 370wHP and 370WTRQ just from the turbo. I am stock stock and stock.... best choice man. best price and best <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=1&k=customer%20service" onmouseover="window.status='customer service'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">customer service</a> period. I will be very very interested to see how your kit will act with the AEM?? Installation is very very easy but like always you need tools and knowledge. MOVE MOVE the radiator, I did not move mine so it ended taking us longer ;(. I have small secret for you.. someone made 395 WHP with this turbo on stock stock engine no cams not even a manifold . I can’t tell you who made that power though. With this turbo you should hit 450WHP with cams and all that, full boost by 3700RPM

You made 370hp on Vishnu's Dyno?
Old Oct 24, 2004, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

What do you mean they are not making power? have you seen my dyno and my numbers? if so can you explain How I spent only $2400 and making 120 WHP more than stock?? and I have still so much room to play when I get my cams and cam gears.. I am not attacking you but please when you post have some data ready to prove your point.

OK, heres the data. You were making 320 hp on Vishnu's dyno on higher octane, and about 296hp on 91 octane.

The vishnu Stage 1++ with the 10.5 HOTside make the EXACT SAME NUMBERS. I put down 294 the other day on Vishnu's dyno, and Smog put down 303 hp with the 10.5 full titanium turbo, BOTH on 91 octane.

Thats what TAZ is talking about.

Further, with the stage 1+, the cams are already in, and the car is ready for a REAL turbo upgrade.

With the ATP, your $2300 goes down the drain when you decide to get a full on turbo.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

cant blame ya!

lol its only $199. I know that its so cheap and I just could not understand why so cheap but when I talked to them and they said life time warranty and its a big company in SC i thought why not try it. When I received it the very next day after my order the welds looked amazing and it was such a clean pc. No fitment issue at all beside my num head was not thinking right for few minutes . I was putting the studes from the top instead from the bottom. of course you will need some nice set of tools to do the installation since its hard to reach.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alex_alex
OK, heres the data. You were making 320 hp on Vishnu's dyno on higher octane, and about 296hp on 91 octane.

The vishnu Stage 1++ with the 10.5 HOTside make the EXACT SAME NUMBERS. I put down 294 the other day on Vishnu's dyno, and Smog put down 303 hp with the 10.5 full titanium turbo, BOTH on 91 octane.

Thats what TAZ is talking about.

Further, with the stage 1+, the cams are already in, and the car is ready for a REAL turbo upgrade.

With the ATP, your $2300 goes down the drain when you decide to get a full on turbo.

Alex how many times do I have to explain to you that I have no supporting modes with my turbo at all? The 3071 can hit 450WHP that I can assure you as I have seen it... I need some nice set of cams not HKS 272 because they will over lap with my setup (known thing) My turbo is just starting to breath. You and smog have every part that could be made for our EVOS. My race gas was 98 gas and yours was C16, many different factors here. I had stock cat when I was at shiv and it was choking my turbo to death. Have you seen my last runs on a dynojet when I made 370WTRQ with no tuning after my cat. I still have so much room to play. Stop posting things over and over when you know the truth Alex. You started to bug me.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

oh on top all that a guy I know so well made 395 WHP on a dyno jet with same turbo I have on a stock stock EVO he had an intake and exhaust with no cat. That was on C16 BTW