Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

JUST BOUGHT aatp 3071R TURBO KIT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2004, 01:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ted B
380whp on a dynojet is ~315whp on a DD. Presently, I am right about 300 DD whp with a catalytic converter, and will make another 10-15whp with the cat delete.

so you make 10 ~ 15 whp from removing the cat? I wonder if I gained that much when I removed mine... I hope
Old Oct 25, 2004, 02:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
gt40 switched to piper cams... they have more duration... more torque... the overlap is for peak numbers... and overlap is not bad for turbo charged cars of any size... overlap clears out any chance for reversions... that's a good thing.

god dammit i hate you guys. this is exactly what happened the last time ****in' az opened his mouth on a ****in' thread. you guys are all posting randome non realted bull**** numbers. **** YOU ALL!

god dammit azear why don't you ****in' get some 91 ****face octane and show us what your 3071 (which trim?) can do on 91. list all yer damn mods, cuz yer NOT STOCK STOCK STOCK dammit. and then ****in' we'll compare that **** to whatever alex and ted and everyone else has to say. (BTW why did you run your car on 98 cotane... who the **** runs around with 98 octane in their car... unelss you're in ****in' europe or russia or something. were you searchin' for the number SO badly?, why not make ****in' runnable consistent power on what you fill up on everyday?)

and just to add more fuel to the fire. it seems only SOME people on here are talkin' with any logical progression of thot and not defending their internet macho.

i wanna see... what the real deal is with the 3071, i want a ****in' fast spooling turbo that makes upper 300s on pump and lower 400 on c16. SOMEONE show me a ****in' kit that can do that without waggin' their ****in' internet ******* around cuz their real one is too ****in' compesated by their car.

more input on the honeywell(?) housing and why that is better... or which kits use it and put out better numbers... seems like ams runs kits that advertise bigger numbers and faster spools... i wanna know why and if it's worthwhile. roadracing and touge are what i do, i wanna see an upgrade path that will get me the ultimate machine for that.

in case you guys didn't notice... what i don't want is all this dong flogging.

Last edited by trinydex; Oct 25, 2004 at 02:49 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 03:40 AM
Evolved Member

lol
Old Oct 25, 2004, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OMG......That was funny .
Old Oct 25, 2004, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by trinydex
gt40 switched to piper cams... they have more duration... more torque... the overlap is for peak numbers... and overlap is not bad for turbo charged cars of any size... overlap clears out any chance for reversions... that's a good thing.

god dammit i hate you guys. this is exactly what happened the last time ****in' az opened his mouth on a ****in' thread. you guys are all posting randome non realted bull**** numbers. **** YOU ALL!

god dammit azear why don't you ****in' get some 91 ****face octane and show us what your 3071 (which trim?) can do on 91. list all yer damn mods, cuz yer NOT STOCK STOCK STOCK dammit. and then ****in' we'll compare that **** to whatever alex and ted and everyone else has to say. (BTW why did you run your car on 98 cotane... who the **** runs around with 98 octane in their car... unelss you're in ****in' europe or russia or something. were you searchin' for the number SO badly?, why not make ****in' runnable consistent power on what you fill up on everyday?)

and just to add more fuel to the fire. it seems only SOME people on here are talkin' with any logical progression of thot and not defending their internet macho.

i wanna see... what the real deal is with the 3071, i want a ****in' fast spooling turbo that makes upper 300s on pump and lower 400 on c16. SOMEONE show me a ****in' kit that can do that without waggin' their ****in' internet ******* around cuz their real one is too ****in' compesated by their car.

more input on the honeywell(?) housing and why that is better... or which kits use it and put out better numbers... seems like ams runs kits that advertise bigger numbers and faster spools... i wanna know why and if it's worthwhile. roadracing and touge are what i do, i wanna see an upgrade path that will get me the ultimate machine for that.

in case you guys didn't notice... what i don't want is all this dong flogging.

haaaaaaa, . You made my morning.. I had this bug in the software and you just made me find a way to fix it . anyways, 98 because my car had some 91 and its hard to take it out under the dyno. I really can’t slide under my car and unscrew the tank 2 screws to empty it. I drive my car on pump so race gas numbers don’t matter to me too much. In fact I don’t care what numbers I make I am very happy with my upgrade and many others are I will leave it at this point. Its your money go buy whatever you want
Old Oct 25, 2004, 04:47 AM
Evolved Member

BTW I ran my car on stright 91 many times, search for the dyno charts 350WHP ~ 300WHP on DD
Old Oct 25, 2004, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

Would ONLY a turbo upgrade make alot of HP?
So if i just got bolt ons, no ecu upgrade & just hook up a bigger turbo would I be making around 50-60hp more than stock?
A local shop told me just by replacing the turbo I will get around 50-60 hp more. But you also have to upgrade the INTERCOOLER if you wanna up the boost w/ a boost controller. true? bs? & set it up to stock PSI.
He said for example, compare a small fan w/ a big one, the big one blows more air than the small one, w/c means more power.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by x7eVoLuTiOn7x
Would ONLY a turbo upgrade make alot of HP?
So if i just got bolt ons, no ecu upgrade & just hook up a bigger turbo would I be making around 50-60hp more than stock?
A local shop told me just by replacing the turbo I will get around 50-60 hp more. But you also have to upgrade the INTERCOOLER if you wanna up the boost w/ a boost controller. true? bs? & set it up to stock PSI.
He said for example, compare a small fan w/ a big one, the big one blows more air than the small one, w/c means more power.

Well kinda... you will make more power for sure but you will hit some nice fuel cuts . I had an S4 and I replaced the turbos myself from K03 to K04 (pain in the ***) with no tuning and the car gained 40 WHP right away but I could have made over 80 WHP with a chip. However KO3 and Ko4 are similar turbos unlike the GT turbos and the 16G different story. Bottom line don’t upgrade with out enough fuel.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 06:19 AM
Evolving Member

ok, so if i upgrade my fuel pump would that be enough?
Old Oct 25, 2004, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by x7eVoLuTiOn7x
ok, so if i upgrade my fuel pump would that be enough?

Should be but I would recommend injectors as well
Old Oct 25, 2004, 07:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
gt40 switched to piper cams... they have more duration... more torque... the overlap is for peak numbers... and overlap is not bad for turbo charged cars of any size... overlap clears out any chance for reversions... that's a good thing..
Um, no.

Looks like this came straight from the K-Mart school of cam theory...
Old Oct 25, 2004, 09:44 AM
AMS
Former Sponsor

what happens when you have a restrictive exhaust side (turbo) and you have a lot of exhaust backpressure.... :-)
Old Oct 25, 2004, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Az3ar
haaaaaaa, . You made my morning.. I had this bug in the software and you just made me find a way to fix it . anyways, 98 because my car had some 91 and its hard to take it out under the dyno. I really can’t slide under my car and unscrew the tank 2 screws to empty it. I drive my car on pump so race gas numbers don’t matter to me too much. In fact I don’t care what numbers I make I am very happy with my upgrade and many others are I will leave it at this point. Its your money go buy whatever you want
omg... this really illustrates exactly why i went off... IF YOU RUN ON PUMP ALL THE TIME AND RACE GAS DOESN'T MATTER THEN WHY THE **** DID YOU GET A DYNO RUN ON 98???????????????? ANSWER ME THAT... not only is it not good for ANY comparison of ANYTHING... you don't even want it! the ****in' number is USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

and it is my money and i want to be careful with it... which is why i need to find out what does what well... i cna't just go out and sample me a 3071... unless someone wants to gimme a ride in their 3071 equipped car and then let me con them into driving it like the maniac that i am..... don't see that happening? then that's why i ask these types of questions.

and ted... that didn't come from anything actually... it came from mark telling me that. he's keepin' the pipers cuz they got more torque all the way around... speculation would be from the specs of the cam. as for the rest of what i said... it's theoretical stuff so it doesn't really matter... what matters is what works, so you'd really have to try some cams huh? we all know what hks does and now i've got some first hand info on what the pipers do also....

anyone know if there are stock like hollow camshafts out there with aggressive grinds?

ams... uhm... then you'd have to free up yer exhaust side (porting or whatever you can do to max out flo)? or dial out that overlap... ok... so correction to what i said above because i was only thinking of larger turbos (what gt40is running).

while you're here what do you think of the 3071... is it a good balance of flow efficiency and fast spool? i guess i mean is it restrictive on the exhaust side like you were saying above? would it satisfy the upper 300 (390) on pump lower 400 (440) on race gas qualification that i put up? and what exactly would spool look like...

Last edited by trinydex; Oct 25, 2004 at 01:59 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

omg... this really illustrates exactly why i went off... IF YOU RUN ON PUMP ALL THE TIME AND RACE GAS DOESN'T MATTER THEN WHY THE **** DID YOU GET A DYNO RUN ON 98???????????????? ANSWER ME THAT... not only is it not good for ANY comparison of ANYTHING... you don't even want it! the ****in' number is USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!

and it is my money and i want to be careful with it... which is why i need to find out what does what well... i cna't just go out and sample me a 3071... unless someone wants to gimme a ride in their 3071 equipped car and then let me con them into driving it like the maniac that i am..... don't see that happening? then that's why i ask these types of questions.

and ted... that didn't come from anything actually... it came from mark telling me that. he's keepin' the pipers cuz they got more torque all the way around... speculation would be from the specs of the cam. as for the rest of what i said... it's theoretical stuff so it doesn't really matter... what matters is what works, so you'd really have to try some cams huh? we all know what hks does and now i've got some first hand info on what the pipers do also....

anyone know if there are stock like hollow camshafts out there with aggressive grinds?

ams... uhm... then you'd have to free up yer exhaust side (porting or whatever you can do to max out flo)? or dial out that overlap... ok... so correction to what i said above because i was only thinking of larger turbos (what gt40is running).

while you're here what do you think of the 3071... is it a good balance of flow efficiency and fast spool? i guess i mean is it restrictive on the exhaust side like you were saying above? would it satisfy the upper 300 (390) on pump lower 400 (440) on race gas qualification that i put up? and what exactly would spool look like...

YOU HAVE SOME MAJOR ISSUES. STOP BEING A ****ING KID AND ****ING LISTEN TO ME YOU **** FACE. MY CAR HAD 91 IN IT. IT WAS DYNOED AT 91 THEN RACE FUEL WAS ADDED I HAD 2G EXTRA OF 91 ALREADY IN MY TANK YOU ****ER. EVEN SHIV TUNED MY CAR ON 97 GAS NOT 100 NOT C16 SO STOP BEING A *****
Old Oct 25, 2004, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

****ing ****... evolutionm.net keeps getting worse by the day...more and more aggression - u guys need to get laid or something... listen you guys, why dont u put up DYNO CHARTS and settle this once and for all.