Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

JUST BOUGHT aatp 3071R TURBO KIT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2004, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JUST BOUGHT aatp 3071R TURBO KIT

i can't wait to get my kit i got the 3071r with red tail waste gate.. i was told this will be a nice street set up i have ems and 750cc injector coming to..

any feed back from other's who have installed the kit
Old Oct 22, 2004, 06:09 PM
Taz
Evolving Member

You're in for a treat.

Installation is pretty straight forward. I didn't use their water hoses. They fit, but seem long, so I made my own. Also from the turbo to the ic there are three pipes, one being about 5" long. This short pipe should've been welded to the next pipe in line, skipping an unnecessary silicone hose conector. Check the alignment on the compresor before tightening it down, a slight rotation - about 10° - was necessary to clear the starter + cable (disconnect the battery ). Finally there was no way I could fit the wg dump pipe to the downpipe. Althought it does have a flexible stainless pipe, it was still off by a bit. Remove the radiator before doing the install or removing the stock turbo. You'll need samco IC hoses to run hi boost and a boost controller. Good luck.
Old Oct 22, 2004, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

Can you tell me how much power your ATP 3071 kit is making? Also how's the spool up on this turbo? THANKS!!!
Originally Posted by Taz
You're in for a treat.

Installation is pretty straight forward. I didn't use their water hoses. They fit, but seem long, so I made my own. Also from the turbo to the ic there are three pipes, one being about 5" long. This short pipe should've been welded to the next pipe in line, skipping an unnecessary silicone hose conector. Check the alignment on the compresor before tightening it down, a slight rotation - about 10° - was necessary to clear the starter + cable (disconnect the battery ). Finally there was no way I could fit the wg dump pipe to the downpipe. Althought it does have a flexible stainless pipe, it was still off by a bit. Remove the radiator before doing the install or removing the stock turbo. You'll need samco IC hoses to run hi boost and a boost controller. Good luck.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

Yea im also interested! Make sure and give us some driving impressions and pics when everything is finished!
Old Oct 23, 2004, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SurfguruJon311
Yea im also interested! Make sure and give us some driving impressions and pics when everything is finished!
For sure
Old Oct 23, 2004, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Taz
You're in for a treat.

I have it and I love it man. I am making 370wHP and 370WTRQ just from the turbo. I am stock stock and stock.... best choice man. best price and best customer service period. I will be very very interested to see how your kit will act with the AEM?? Installation is very very easy but like always you need tools and knowledge. MOVE MOVE the radiator, I did not move mine so it ended taking us longer ;(. I have small secret for you.. someone made 395 WHP with this turbo on stock stock engine no cams not even a manifold . I can’t tell you who made that power though. With this turbo you should hit 450WHP with cams and all that, full boost by 3700RPM
Old Oct 23, 2004, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

cool thanks for the input im installing it my self and have tons of tools. the EMS should make a nice add on. did you guys upgrade the injector RIGHT FROM THE START or can i run lower boost levels till i upgrade . i want to install and tune the EMS 1st..
Old Oct 23, 2004, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

I had the 660 from the first day
Old Oct 23, 2004, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

thatll definitely be a sweet setup, congrats
Old Oct 23, 2004, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
I have it and I love it man. I am making 370wHP and 370WTRQ . With this turbo you should hit 450WHP with cams and all that, full boost by 3700RPM
Nice! Pump gas?
Old Oct 23, 2004, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Hot Feces
Nice! Pump gas?

nope that was on ~98 gas... on pump 91 I am making 350WHP and about 307~310 WTRQ
Old Oct 23, 2004, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Az3ar,

You said "just the turbo," is all you did bolt up the turbo to the stock manifold, stock injectors and such and just go? Meaning no exhaust, no boost controller, stock ecu, stock motor etc etc?
Old Oct 23, 2004, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kwman
Az3ar,

You said "just the turbo," is all you did bolt up the turbo to the stock manifold, stock injectors and such and just go? Thats amazing.

yup, search the forums I have dyno sheets and a huge thread about ATP...

I just installed a new SS manifold too bigger IC and radiator on the way too and of course JDM EVO7 front hood bumper too
Old Oct 23, 2004, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

oh I have xede to control my engine and stock cat when I did my first dyno run
Old Oct 23, 2004, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

holy hell, im gonna look up the price for that turbo right now.