Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TurboTrix tunes a 550 whp Weightless White in Tampa!!!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2004, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that was jumping timing coz tensioner came loose but it 's loose at idle not on boost.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Damn, I'm impressed with TurboTrix thus far... I'll likely be doing a mail in flash sometime soon, unless they make their way out to the Phx area
Old Oct 25, 2004, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wave65
that was jumping timing coz tensioner came loose but it 's loose at idle not on boost.
Damn that sucks.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 02:43 AM
Evolving Member

The td06 25G is NOT able to make 550 whp even on the high-reading dynojets.
With the small 8 cm2 exhaust housing about 500 hp at the FLYwheel is possible, should be about 400 whp. With the larger 10cm2 exhaust housing about 50-75 hp more at the flywheel is possible.

Did you ever measure the backpressure at 29 psi with that small exhaust housing?
Old Oct 26, 2004, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by andber
The td06 25G is NOT able to make 550 whp even on the high-reading dynojets.
With the small 8 cm2 exhaust housing about 500 hp at the FLYwheel is possible, should be about 400 whp. With the larger 10cm2 exhaust housing about 50-75 hp more at the flywheel is possible.

Did you ever measure the backpressure at 29 psi with that small exhaust housing?
Have you ever used this turbo? Cause your info is pretty far off.

I have a 25g on my mirage coupe. On 93 it dynoed 470whp at 25.5 psi. It continues to make power to 32psi. I run the 8cm. A local here made 535whp on a stock block SRT-4 at 32psi on the 8cm 25g. Road Race made 520whp but used the laggy 10cm. Dozens down in Miami area have made 525-550whp with the turbo.

Before I bought my turbo I researched the 25g. Came a across a page from 1999 that posted cars/turbo used and PS numbers that went the fastest at that 2-mile track in japan. Six of the top ten cars used the 25g. There were no repeats of turbo brand from the other four in the top ten. The highest one put out 560PS. (552 HP) Does the HKS EVO V super lemon ring a bell??

One quick lap around the block in my car will completely change your attitude about this turbo. I have had a gt35 here for six months and have been reluctant to try it. I love this 25g.

And that subaru dyno does read low . At least it did when it was first installed.

The numbers are extremely impressive but they are possible.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 06:37 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 59 Likes on 45 Posts
Ok, the dyno doesn't read low, as it apparently recorded 315whp for someone with only an exhaust, mbc, intake, and a reflash, and that just doesn't happen with a low reading DD dyno. These numbers are comparable to a Dynojet.

In any case, it is of little significance, as if the car is showing 470-480whp on pump fuel, that equates to ~405whp on a DD, which is roughly 90-95whp greater than what can be expected from the factory turbo on that dyno with a full complement of supporting mods.

It looks pretty good to me.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 07:06 AM
Account Disabled

Ted B, the dyno read low or conservative or however you want to put it when these guys first came around. Maybe now they messed with all the settings to get it to read higher or something I don't know. That is why I like dynojets because user input is minimal. Either way this guy made some good power and that is what this thread is about.

No dyno sheet still?
Old Oct 26, 2004, 07:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Geo@EvoStore
Either way this guy made some good power and that is what this thread is about.
I agree. I'm just trying to figure exactly where it fits in the convoluted scheme of things.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

I saw evo abt an hour away from where i live. he got 592 HP his best time 11.1 sec run.. nice!!!!
Old Oct 26, 2004, 08:06 AM
EvoM Guru

I did some research in an effort to find more information on this particular turbo. I found one informative post which may be helpful to others who are trying to do the same. It gives some info on this and other turbos of relevence to EVOs:

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...threadid=30941
Old Oct 26, 2004, 08:59 AM
Evolving Member

Let's just realize that what you call whp in USA is roughly what the engine actually produces at the flywheel.

Yes I know that the Hyper Lemon made 560 with the 10cm2 exhaust housing but that is flywheel hp.

And regarding the list from 1999, remember that we are soon in 2005, almost 6 years old list.

And yes, I know this turbo as I have the 10cm2 version in my EVO 5

Originally Posted by 94AWDcoupe
Have you ever used this turbo? Cause your info is pretty far off.

I have a 25g on my mirage coupe. On 93 it dynoed 470whp at 25.5 psi. It continues to make power to 32psi. I run the 8cm. A local here made 535whp on a stock block SRT-4 at 32psi on the 8cm 25g. Road Race made 520whp but used the laggy 10cm. Dozens down in Miami area have made 525-550whp with the turbo.

Before I bought my turbo I researched the 25g. Came a across a page from 1999 that posted cars/turbo used and PS numbers that went the fastest at that 2-mile track in japan. Six of the top ten cars used the 25g. There were no repeats of turbo brand from the other four in the top ten. The highest one put out 560PS. (552 HP) Does the HKS EVO V super lemon ring a bell??

One quick lap around the block in my car will completely change your attitude about this turbo. I have had a gt35 here for six months and have been reluctant to try it. I love this 25g.

And that subaru dyno does read low . At least it did when it was first installed.

The numbers are extremely impressive but they are possible.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wave65

Did the bolts come loose at idle then tighten up at the high rpm's? How is this possible? I would like to know for future knowledge. I have never seen this happen before and I have been working on these motors for a while. Either it's loose or it's not (usually). Possibly the bolts are broken on the tensioner? Is the motor built? Has it ever been taken apart? Maybe the tensioner hasn't been set right. Has the motor been dissassembled yet to truthfully diagnose the problem or are you guys just speculating? If you guys need any help with diagnosis, I am sure I will be able to help.

Dan @ Pruven Performance
Old Oct 26, 2004, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Geo@EvoStore
Are you the person that was up here (ORLANDO) weeks ago with a silver STI and you raced a few people?

wave65- You never answered this question.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 02:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pruven
Did the bolts come loose at idle then tighten up at the high rpm's? How is this possible? I would like to know for future knowledge. I have never seen this happen before and I have been working on these motors for a while. Either it's loose or it's not (usually). Possibly the bolts are broken on the tensioner? Is the motor built? Has it ever been taken apart? Maybe the tensioner hasn't been set right. Has the motor been dissassembled yet to truthfully diagnose the problem or are you guys just speculating? If you guys need any help with diagnosis, I am sure I will be able to help.

Dan @ Pruven Performance

Dan ...

Good to see your concerned. The guy who did his timing belt left the idler pulley loose. This was discovered after we broke the side down and the customer was standing there and saw a loose bolt. This motor was stock.. Obviously the bolt was hand tight as it didnt completely losen up until after about 3 - 4 pulls. I believe we truthfully diagnosed the problem. I know you have far more experience in the field but i have seen this happen many times ......

Mark
Turbotrix
Old Oct 26, 2004, 03:06 PM
Account Disabled

hh

Quick Reply: TurboTrix tunes a 550 whp Weightless White in Tampa!!!