Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

using greddy a/f gauge as remote wideband lm-1 meter

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2004, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
using greddy a/f gauge as remote wideband lm-1 meter

i think ive found a way to use the inovate lm1 in the car full time and hide the big lm1 box but use a different a/f gauge to read the wide band signal. this will probably not work on autometer's a/f gauges because they are not true analog displays, but measure only in a led which is preset to autometer's satisfaction. i have a greddy a/f gauge with peak hold option and currently i have the lm1 set up behind the steering wheel for monitoring. but it is large and obtrusive. in the inovate instructions it says there is 2 ways to remote view from a dash mount gauge. 1 uses a stereo wire included with the kit, and the other, i think will hook up on the harness where the main sensor clips in... there looks to be a port for a 4 wire. im ganna try and see if i can get it to work. if anyone has accomplished this. please feel free to answer. if anyone has input, any suggestions are welcomed. il let you all know.
Old Nov 7, 2004, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

while pursueing this, i noticed i can link the lm1 to my profect eo1. i hooked the analog output on the lm1 to the profect e-01 but now ive got to figure out voltage conversion... anyone done this or know this? what are the units to select? what is the range? maybe 0 to 5v because its a 5v sensor? whats the volt conversion?
Old Nov 7, 2004, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the Greddy A/F gauge on my GSX. I tried to hook up my AEM wideband to it. Since the greddy o2 sensor is a narrowband, it outputs a 0-1V signal to the controller. The greddy gauge does not display a reading based off this signal alone. It also has a heater circuit that I believe it uses. I hooked up the 0-1V output of my AEM to the greddy controller and nothing displayed.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

I was thinking of doing the same thing. rt turbo, any luck?
Old Dec 11, 2004, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

yes, you have to buy a 18$ harness from greddy , its an input harness. if you have the lm1, the analog output will plug into this, and you can display your afr on you e-01 screen and datalog it in real time.