Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Manual Boost Controller

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2004 | 08:46 AM

Manual Boost Controller

I have read quite a few posts regaurding this subject and the question I have is can you hook up a MBC to the exisiting lines that run from the stock boost solenoid. Is there a difference and if so what is it, and why does do it the why they currently do. Any help on this subject would help I would like to know so that I could get my install done correctly. Thanks
Old Nov 15, 2004 | 03:46 PM

bump
Old Nov 15, 2004 | 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

from what i have read you remove both lines from stock boost solenoid. leave the stock stolenoid installed and install the new mbc
Old Nov 15, 2004 | 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

u can..if you want...i rather use a larger diameter hose if i were you...i think the stock hose is just kinda small....if you were to use the stock ones..make sure u take out the pills in em and reroute the hoses...

better way would be just to disconnect the stock set-up, leaving the stock one plug in(for the cel light) then run the vacuum source from the turbo hosingw. new hoses...
Old Nov 17, 2004 | 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Take them off and run new lines. Then if you need to go back stock switch. It would be easier running new instead of tryin to get the pill out and all that junk! Good luck