Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Greddy Type-S (Pruven Performance)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2004, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy Type-S (Pruven Performance)

Just installed this as it comes preset by Pruven performance. It is being Recirc'd. Car is stock ...

But this is what I noticed. It dosnt make any Psshh sounds or nothing .. Car still pulls and holds boost ... But seems to me that the stock BOV/DV makes more noise then this ...

Is this how its suppose to sound? If I loosen the bolt will I hear the "Psssssssshhhh" @ all? I'm going to sell/get rid of this for a HKS SSQV if I cant get it to sound off ... Its brand new too ... Any ideas? Or is this how its suppose to be?
Old Nov 15, 2004, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

did you do the single spring mod to the bov?
Old Nov 15, 2004, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your going to need a cone filter to hear anything or get rid of the lid on the stock air box
Old Nov 16, 2004, 01:06 AM
Evolved Member

It already comes single spring modded ... Can anyone suggest a good cone filter? I dont feel safe running without the lid unless I tape it up or something LOL ..

If worse comes to worse I'm going to be trading/selling it for an HKS SSQV or @ least some $$$ to get an HKS SSQV ....
Old Nov 16, 2004, 01:17 AM

If you are looking for the "psssshhh" sound then the greddy type-s is not really the one you are looking for. However, it can be loud with an aftermarket intake, annoyingly loud. It makes more of high-pitched game like sound. I really hate the sound personally but mine works really well so I have kept it.

Just my two cents.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 01:41 AM
Evolving Member

The Type S makes a squeaking noise. You won't get the pshhhh sound out of it.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Well my Type-S Dosnt make ANY noise for the moment .. Its Quieter then stock (I could hear the stock DV more), and I have the stock airbox ... I'll be putting it up for sale/trade as soon as I can find time to remove it ...
Old Nov 16, 2004, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Space Monkey
The Type S makes a squeaking noise. You won't get the pshhhh sound out of it.
you can get a sound similiar to pshh...but you, like someone stated, get those nintendo game sounds...which are so annoying.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
GinuwineEvo8,

Go grab an ARC box... it's a REALLY nice intake! Then again, if you're not into the bling perspective, the AEM intake is a good bang for the buck
Old Nov 16, 2004, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

If you really want the pssh sound, the blitz BOV will give it to you. It sounds really sweet but it is not recirculating. My brother has it on a wrx and it's sound wicked. Moreover, the unit is very well built.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

You can recirc the blitz DD but it won't sound the same. I had the Blitz SuperSound on my SR'd 240 and the thing was loud as sin. It sounded like a whip cracking (like a whoooooophssssshh) The horn on the end makes the sound more pronounced so if you recirc it you can't use the horn and it won't be as lound.

If you are looking to get rid of your Greddy give me a PM and a price. I may be interested.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

make sure u have it installed correctly . If u vent it. it will be loud as hell. And no matter what BOV u use u wont hear recirc unless the intake is open air.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

i have a greddy type S with aem intake, its loud to me and i personally love it. Its a very clear whistle type noise. i had it vented before and MAN that thing is LOUD. I loved it so much but idle problems so its recirc right now and i still love it even tho its not as loud. I like the noise, but i like the HKS bov noise better. Its a short, quick burst of noise, but the greddy isnt short. HKS is like PSSHHT, Greddy is like PSSSHHHHTTTTTT. Afriend of mine has the Blitz DD bov on his evo it is loud but NO whistle to it. Its just like a loud burst of air. I prefer the greddy, tho the Blitz is louder cuz it is VTA. I found VTA'ing my greddy had me losing boost inbetween shifts anyway, recirculating had my car running a lot better. I just gotta do the single spring mod now.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

I previously came from an HKS SSQV Ver 1 VTA w/ no problems ... I will be selling the Greddy Type-S (pruven performance version) as soon as I remove it tonight ... I really dont want an intake without tuning yet ...

Going to go for the HKS SSQV Ver2 and VTA ...
Old Nov 16, 2004, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Its up :

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=108985

Quick Reply: Greddy Type-S (Pruven Performance)