Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

evo 7 power fc to evo 8. please read.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2004, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo 7 power fc to evo 8. please read.

i found a evo 7 power fc and the seller says it will work with some modifications if i install on the evo 8. ive searched everywhere and cannot find info on this. anyone know if it will work? or tried it? what is the difference?

also, what is the part number for the evo 8 edition pfc?
whats the number for the 7?
thanks.

Last edited by rt turbo; Nov 17, 2004 at 10:42 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

bump, need at least the part numbers
Old Nov 18, 2004, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Honestly if they say it will work I would be sure to get somthing in writing that states if it doesn't work will they issue a refund before you throw any money down. The correct model number for the D-Jetro is the 414M908 I believe, this model is specifically mapped for the US car. Just call Apexi they will tell you for sure but there are several differences this being the reason that Aepxi remapped and issued a new model number. Vendors have been know to import the 414M008 to the US becuase the EVO 7 has the same ECU Pins and they get it for alot cheaper for a better resale.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTVEVO
Honestly if they say it will work I would be sure to get somthing in writing that states if it doesn't work will they issue a refund before you throw any money down. The correct model number for the D-Jetro is the 414M908 I believe, this model is specifically mapped for the US car. Just call Apexi they will tell you for sure but there are several differences this being the reason that Aepxi remapped and issued a new model number. Vendors have been know to import the 414M008 to the US becuase the EVO 7 has the same ECU Pins and they get it for alot cheaper for a better resale.
he said it needed some modification, but very minimal.. and that he knows its been done and if i do a search on the net i can find it? i dunno. hes selling it for under 900 including the commander. thats for ljetro. this confirms what you said about it being cheaper.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 09:45 AM
Dom
Evolving Member

900 used? too much

Don't buy an EMS used ;-)
Old Nov 18, 2004, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

900 is way to much used for the L-Jetro and honestly if you are keeping the MAF (L-Jetro you have too) you will be much happier with a UTEC or Xede. And you will have to do minimal tuning with better results I can promise you that.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dom
900 used? too much

Don't buy an EMS used ;-)
its brand new, never used. not used.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTVEVO
900 is way to much used for the L-Jetro and honestly if you are keeping the MAF (L-Jetro you have too) you will be much happier with a UTEC or Xede. And you will have to do minimal tuning with better results I can promise you that.
i doubt that. ive already found the limits of my current piggy back (emanage) i do not want the stock ecu in may car. it has way to many maps, can change them when it sees fit rendering the current tune less useful. through logs, ive seen it run leaner sometimes, and richer the other regardless of the tune. ive seen it run completely different timing curves when the temp has changed outside. the xede may be better than your regular piggy back, but it still uses stock ecu. also, with the ljetro you can run a larger maf that can read more air. i like the way maf's work. whos to say a map is better if they can both read the same amount of air?

basically im sick of the variability of the factory ecu. also, i have a turbo setup that will make 500whp.

Last edited by rt turbo; Nov 18, 2004 at 10:07 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get HKS F Con V Pro is better
Old Nov 19, 2004, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

why would you get power fc with all the limitations in logging/tuning/knock retard etc?
Old Nov 19, 2004, 03:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rt turbo
i doubt that. ive already found the limits of my current piggy back (emanage) i do not want the stock ecu in may car. it has way to many maps, can change them when it sees fit rendering the current tune less useful. through logs, ive seen it run leaner sometimes, and richer the other regardless of the tune. ive seen it run completely different timing curves when the temp has changed outside. the xede may be better than your regular piggy back, but it still uses stock ecu. also, with the ljetro you can run a larger maf that can read more air. i like the way maf's work. whos to say a map is better if they can both read the same amount of air?

basically im sick of the variability of the factory ecu. also, i have a turbo setup that will make 500whp.
I don't run a piggy back, I run the AEM so I was just trying to give you usefull information. Fuel/timing trims with different air inlet temp are needed just like the stock ECU. A map based system is more consistant than a MAF system in my opinion but everyone has a right to their own. If you want to run the PowerFC for a differnt car on yours go for it if you already have your mind made up then quit asking if things will work.

The Xede and UTEC are far better than the emanage, or PowerFC ever thought about If you have never seen a power fc and how you tune them they are like pissing in the wind, just hope it doesn't blow back in your face.

Good day partner

Last edited by GTVEVO; Nov 19, 2004 at 03:15 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 09:35 AM

yeah, i doubt it will work.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

i decided to go with something else once my motor is built
Old Nov 19, 2004, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rt turbo
i decided to go with something else once my motor is built