Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: Bushur or HElix TBE with Test pipe
Helix
46.07%
Bushur
53.93%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Bushur or Helix TBE?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2004 | 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Both systems are great. You can't go wrong with either because both systems offer true 3" setup. Buschur has been in business for a long time, and will always have a good rep as one of the leading 4g63 tuners. Helix on the other hand, is one of the up and coming brands that offers great products.

I went with Helix because Gruppe-S is local to me.
Old Nov 20, 2004 | 08:26 AM
Account Disabled

I'd go with the Helix cause its quality.
Old Nov 20, 2004 | 08:27 AM
Account Disabled

Also check out the helix TBE deal onGruppe-S.com, they've got that 825 free shipping, full turbo back exhaust(downpipe/cat delete/catback) , i'm fixing to order that stage prettys oon
Old Nov 20, 2004 | 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Sold my buschur TB for a Helix. The bushcur was great, great quality, perfect design, just wasn't what I was looking for. The helix is LOUD.

Anyone know if I should have used one of the supplied gaskets between the O2 housing and DP, I didn't think so.......it sealed fine, for now...let me know.
Old Nov 21, 2004 | 09:47 AM
EvoM Administrator

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=109562
Old Nov 21, 2004 | 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Both set up are really nice. I would go Helix because of the flanges themself. THe Buschur tbe is very loud almost to loud for me, but then again I'm sure the Helix is also. I have never heard the Helix.
Old Nov 21, 2004 | 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

I don't think I would ever buy another Buschur product. The turboback is the same price as all the others out there and you get the ****ty slip joints, thats why I got rid of my Buschur. If you install it correctly on your first try, well consider yourself lucky. You have to be very careful with the pipe ends because if it is knicked in any little way it won't slip into the next pipe.

Buschur
Helix
Old Nov 21, 2004 | 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Buschurs exhaust is awesome but very loud. Probably the best in power. My only rant about my exhaust is, it loosens and falls apart every 3 or so months. I have to constantly adjust/tighten my exhaust every 3 months or so. The muffler end has fallen off on me several times already. Been thinking about having it welded on.........
Old Nov 21, 2004 | 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GREDDY
Buschurs exhaust is awesome but very loud. Probably the best in power. My only rant about my exhaust is, it loosens and falls apart every 3 or so months. I have to constantly adjust/tighten my exhaust every 3 months or so. The muffler end has fallen off on me several times already. Been thinking about having it welded on.........
That's f up
Old Nov 22, 2004 | 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

For everyone's information, the exhaust systems are flanged now at the downpipe/offroad/highflow cat joint. This one flange puts the entire system in perfect alignment and makes installation a very quick one time deal.

As for a system coming loose and falling off, plain and simple isn't being put on correctly. The systems that are installed here don't come back or do we get calls with complaints, and believe me, if something goes wrong we'd hear about it.

In your defense though, the old systems were a ***** to get right, thus the new flanged version of the downpipe and some other changes.

I will put this system against anyone's for weight, power, quality of material and fitment.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Nov 22, 2004 | 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Should be $865 shipped with our full 3" offroad system. Also keep in mind if you go with a catless system you are going to need something to keep the CEL off with, our offroad system has this included in the system.
David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Hey David is this $865 with the Magnaflow muffler or not? I have been emailing back and forth with Jarrod and I am a little confused because the price he gave($880 shipped) me isn't consistent with MachV ($854.01 shipped) or the price you just gave here. If you could please post or PM me and let me know because after your last post I think you have me sold on your product.
Thank You!
Old Nov 22, 2004 | 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Here is how our prices run with a desciption:

3" downpipe, 304 mandrel bent SS, 3/8" thick 304 stainless flanges on each end, $275.
3" highflow cat, flanged with 3/8" thick 304 SS flange on one end, $150
3" offroad pipe, flanged with 3/8" thick 304 SS flange on one end, $50
3" catback exhaust, 304 SS, includes the Buschur Racing lightweight racing muffler, $450
(2) 3" 304 SS band clamps, $30

(1) installation hardware kit is included when you buy the entire exhaust.
IF you want to add the Magnaflow muffler add $20 to the catback price.
IF you order the entire exhaust system from us with an offroad pipe we will include the 02 simulator to keep your CEL off at no charge. IF the system is bought one piece at a time then the 02 simulator is $55 extra or outright.
Shipping to just about anywhere in the 48 states is $55.

That should help out.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Nov 22, 2004 | 01:09 PM

Where do I sign? Seriously how do I need to go about ordering so that I get the all inclusive deal with CEL fix and all?
Old Nov 22, 2004 | 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

Hey David, I'm not trying to knocking your exhaust or anything. It puts great power and sounds good but not everyone is going to call and complain that the exhaust keeps falling apart on them. I know alot of people with this exhaust and it falls apart on them too but they just get it welded. This exhaust is truely an awesome exhaust and I stand by that. But I wish I knew that this slip fit type comes apart easily in time. I've been a mechanic for a very long time so I'm sure it is installed correctly. The fitment is perfect for my car. Slip fit is good at the drag strip but not for daily use. From all the daily use and abuse it is bound to slip apart. I just don't see how any other adjustment will make it stay together. I've shoved the pipes together as deep as it would go and clamp the clamps as hard as humanly possible yet it still slips off in a couple of months. This is nothing to bash your exhaust system, slip fit just isn't good for daily driver.
Thanks for getting the flanges on your exhausts, I know alot of people will be happier with the exhaust.
Old Nov 23, 2004 | 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

odb4G63,

To order the exhaust just call us at the shop. Tell you guys what, any of you that mention this Helix VS. Buschur Exhaust thread when you call I WILL THROW THE SHIPPING IN FREE ON THE SYSTEM TOO!

I want to prove how great the new stuff is.

Greddy,

I appreciate the input. Maybe humanly possible on the band clamps is the problem, not sure. We tighten then here quickly with the impact gun when we do the systems. I have NEVER seen one come loose.

As a side note I own quite a few cars, I have built the exhaust on everyone of them and those that I haven't still use slip joints. I have never lost an exhaust or had one come loose on the other cars I own either. (?)

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Quick Reply: Bushur or Helix TBE?