Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: Bushur or HElix TBE with Test pipe
Helix
46.07%
Bushur
53.93%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Bushur or Helix TBE?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2004 | 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

What was their reasoning for not allowing a downpipe?
Old Nov 30, 2004 | 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

they said the motor was tuned so much already and it might throw a code with the O2 sensor........i think he was talking about high flow cat or no cat
Old Nov 30, 2004 | 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by djmikeymike
Is it safe to say that the Helix with the silencer installed the hp gain is minimal?.....I like the look and the price of the Helix but if im not going to get alot of hp with the silencer installed i'm going to get the Buschur with the Magnaflow muffler. I'm only going with the catback to start because my dealer said if i only do a catback i can keep my warranty. Any input would be great!! I'm looking to order within the next week or so.
sorry to be a pain but can someone comment on the Helix with the silencer installed

thanks
Old Nov 30, 2004 | 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by djmikeymike
Tom Masano.......they said intake and catback you can keep your warranty....

they also told me I had a bumper to bumper 7 year warrentee which I purchased for an extra 1200 bucks that was suposed to cover EVERYTHING and when mu clutch started slipping they said oh you raced it your warrentee wont cover it.

Note: my car is stock and has never seen a track

Mistu's warrentee isn't worth the paper they print it on its just a sceme to get you to buy a car.
Old Nov 30, 2004 | 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

your dealer ......or Tom Masano
Old Nov 30, 2004 | 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

2 dealers in this area and about 1000 dealers that other people have had problems with read the thread about Warrentees on Evo's if you don't believe me.
Old Dec 1, 2004 | 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

ok and i know of people that have had problems also but i have had no problems at all with mine. I asked the service manager before i did anything to my car,what i could do and what i couldn't do. He was very nice then and has been very nice to me to this day.
Old Dec 7, 2004 | 06:55 AM

Well I put my Buschur TBE on Sunday night and then made some adjustments last night after talking to Jarrod and realizing the spacers were for the tie bars. Up untill this morning I was very happy but this morning I jumped on the interstate (pouring rain) and I all the sudden I hear an exhaust leak. Sounds like under the hood or possibly at the flage between the downpipe and test pipe. I know I torqued all of the bolts extremely well but I still don't know how much I trust scraping the doughnut gasket and spring bolts for regular bolts with lock washers, just seems like they will rattle loose at some point. Also did anyone use a gasket between the O2 and downpipe or between downpipe and test pipe?
Love the sound and the butt dyno.......... and hopefully when I get home I can find out what has come loose.
Old Dec 8, 2004 | 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Just wondering if you found anything. The joint at the 02 housing actually works out really well as it has that piece that extends into the flange of our downpipe that seals it perfectly. I highly doubt the leak is there.

Please let us know if you have any problems that we can help with.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Dec 9, 2004 | 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

Hey David, I just saw that you offered an MR downpipe, will that bolt on to the stock cat?
Old Dec 9, 2004 | 09:16 PM
Evolving Member

Got my Helix turbo-back system (dp, test pipe, cat-back combo) for $769 shipped!! The craftsmanship is amazing, sounds and fits great! The exhaust tip exits just perfect! +1 for Helix.
Old Dec 10, 2004 | 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Yes, it our downpipe will bolt to the stock cat, it would not perform well though. Putting a larger diameter exhaust pipe into a smaller one is never a good idea.

If you are going to upgrade the exhaust one piece at a time always start at the rear of the car and work forward.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Dec 10, 2004 | 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

cool, I just asked about the stock cat because my high flow cat is the same dimensions LOL. Thanks BTW are you adding any pics of it soon?
Old Dec 10, 2004 | 09:28 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RuckerPark
Got my Helix turbo-back system (dp, test pipe, cat-back combo) for $769 shipped!! The craftsmanship is amazing, sounds and fits great! The exhaust tip exits just perfect! +1 for Helix.

cool, how is the performance gain
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 03:40 PM
Former Sponsor

BTW, the Helix TBE DOES include a mechanical Cel FIX. It's included in all the Helix straight pipes.

Cheers,

Gary
Gruppe-S

Quick Reply: Bushur or Helix TBE?