Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: Bushur or HElix TBE with Test pipe
Helix
46.07%
Bushur
53.93%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Bushur or Helix TBE?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2005 | 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

hey dave thanks but it does slip on everything bolts up. but the exhaust sticks out really bad i mean at leaat 3 inches out and the hangers are no where near the bolts once everything is up its like the test pipe is too long or something is not right i mean i tried everything to try and fix it it sounds nice but cant drive it i pushed the slip joints as far as they can go and still they stick out at the muffler section thanks please i need my car no transportatiion
Old Feb 4, 2005 | 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

anyone one can help ???? thanks
Old Feb 4, 2005 | 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by redevo561
hey dave thanks but it does slip on everything bolts up. but the exhaust sticks out really bad i mean at leaat 3 inches out and the hangers are no where near the bolts once everything is up its like the test pipe is too long or something is not right i mean i tried everything to try and fix it it sounds nice but cant drive it i pushed the slip joints as far as they can go and still they stick out at the muffler section thanks please i need my car no transportatiion
Never mind I read it wrong the first time.
Old Feb 4, 2005 | 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

yeah thanks tho i appreciate it
Old Feb 5, 2005 | 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Both of these are great exhaust! But from my opinion i would go with buschur. The helix may be cheaper and more polished but who is ever gonna be looking at that anyway its under the car and plus it is much heavier than the buschur. The buschur design is made for weight, power, and a nice sound....the 3 things you should want from your exhaust! Mine bolted right up perfect and it gives out and amazing sound....have not came by one other evo owner yet who doesnt like it! SO if i was you i would go with buschur spend the extra money it will be well worth it trust me.!
Old Feb 5, 2005 | 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

and also buschur is there to answer all your questions and problems that crew is amazing......but im not sayin helix isnt i dont know much about their sales team and products
Old Feb 5, 2005 | 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

alright i got it fixed thanks david everything is good now this exhaust sounds so nice nice and deep big diffrence top end take care buddy
Old Feb 7, 2005 | 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Glad you got it all fixed

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Feb 8, 2005 | 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Original poster:

Get the buschur exhaust and polish it. You'll have the weight and performance you desire, and you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you polished your exhaust yourself. check out www.caswellplating.com to buy some stuff. Then you can rip off all the parts in the engine bay and polish those up while you're at it...

good luck!
Old Mar 2, 2005 | 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

This $750 deal still going on? Tax return is coming anyday now and I would love to jump all over that $750 shipped Buschur TBE. Please let me know if this is still going on Dave, Id appreciate it. I read on Buschur website their TBE system netted 50whp with an intake, mbc, and an AFC. Some nice power if you ask me.
Old Mar 2, 2005 | 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

YES! I am still honoring this sale. Just call and when you do mention this post on EVOM.

Thanks,

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Mar 2, 2005 | 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Wow Im sold! Soon as Uncle Sam send me my loot I will forward it to you!! That additional 50whp is that on pump gas or race?
Old Mar 3, 2005 | 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Our Stage 1 kit consists of:

Full 3" mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust system
Filter kit
Boost controller
Boost gauge and mounting pod
Reflashed ECU

This kit took the car from 237 whp/250 ft lbs stock up to 315 whp and 311 ft lbs of torque.
This was done on straight 94 octane with no race gas in the mix and no alcohol injection. That's actually an increase of 78 whp and 61 ft lbs of torque. This kit normally sells for $1310, with the exhaust sale we are running it is only $1210 and that includes the shipping to you and the overnight shipping on your ECU back to you. Can't really beat that deal, if it's in the budget. You will also have to mention you saw the mention of this on EvolutionM.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Mar 3, 2005 | 10:59 AM

I took advantage of the exhaust deal, and am very happy. I went with the high flow cat, and the magnaflow muffler. I had to use a rubber mallot to get the tailpipe satisfactorally under the bumper cover, but it looks and sounds great now, except for how "blingy" the magnaflow is. You can see it very clearly from behind the car, and I'm debating spraying it with flat black hi-temp paint...

The sound is not "ricey" at all. It sounds very deep, and somewhat mellow when off of boost, but when on boost it still gets loud. I was fortunate enough to see a video on the web that showed an Evo with this setup, so I knew what I was getting, except the muffler looks slightly different, so the video may have been mis-labelled, but the sound is identical.

I am still waiting for my Buschur air cleaner because they are on back order, but Jarrod said he was hoping that they'd be sending them out at the end of next week. I can't wait because I want to see if this adds anything else to my new found top end pull that the Buschur TBE has provided me.
Old Mar 3, 2005 | 11:15 AM

Hey David, would it be possible to put one of your cat back exhaust systems together with a Apexi N1 muffler style? How much would it cost me, if you can, to do a full TBE with this muffler tip through you guys and shipping to Chicago (60047)? Either PM me or post right back on here. Thanks, Mike.

Quick Reply: Bushur or Helix TBE?