Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

$175 for Manifold and O2 Housing!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2005, 06:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ssautochrome is one of the worst companies to ever exist. I have experience with them. they bought one of each of every tial wastegate and then proceeded to copy each one. Tial ended up sueing them over it. They sell tons of turbo kits for hondas online. anyone who questions ssautochrome need to simply go to honda-tech.com and seach ssautochrome. Horror stories will fill up pages. Theres a guy on there who got a turbo which had the compressor housing glued on. Their manifold are welded by 8 year olds in 3rd world countries and they work for 5 cents an hour. the materials they use are the scrap metal melted down and then made into bends.

anyone who thinks people who sell manifolds for 700-1200 just to make 600-1100 profit is retarted. look up what quality 321 stainless bends cost, look up what collectors cost, look up what a stainless header flange costs. like ams said, the materials alone are more then that to make a decent header

FUNNY YOU DONT SEE PEOPLE LIKE TURBOTRIX, AMS, DYNOFLASH, TITAN MOTORSPORTS, GARY GARDELLA, STEPHNE PAPDAKIS, LISA KUBO, ETC... RUNNING MANIOLDS FROM SSAUTOCHROME.

quotes from honda tech

An SSAC PowerMountain Ebay special fake t70 will spool around 4500 if the compressor cover doesnt fall off first.
i just purchased this manifold last night for my z6 turbo project (along with a 14b turbo). i just want to know if this is the dreaded ssautochrome manifold or not. dosnt really matter if it is or not, still gonna run it, just gonna weld in some braces, and upgrade later.
I hope a meteor falls on the factory that makes SSAutoChrome and most of the other knock off turbos and mani's. They are scammers and I can't believe they are still allowed to operate.
After seeing how many SSAC manifolds cracked because of ****ty welding and material, I wouldn't trust the intercooler's welds or construction in any way
oh yea, i forgot, tial 35mm is discountinued, but you can pick up a used one from time to time, kind of rare to pick up a brand new one, unless its a ssac crap
NEVER hang the entire weight of the turbo+waste gate+down pipe on a SSautochrome manifold. It will not last long.
DO NOT BUY SSAUTOCHROME.. do a search and youll understand why.. manifold cracking, the turbo held by superglue..
SSAC has a reputation and you should know by all the posts here on H-T to stay away.. far far away from that ****
[If you're referring to the SSAC turbos on eBay, then quality is iffy. My most recent experience was a customer who got one for his TL. He figured he'd only use it for a few thousand miles and it was cheap. After installing it, he only got a couple of hundred miles before the turbine wheel shattered. Looking at it, we can't tell if it's a flaw with the wheel itself or if something got sucked in there
I love how nobody includes the name "SSAutochrome" in their descriptions... it's not like we can't tell what kind of manifold that is
I'm looking to buy a B series Turbo manifold for my T3 setup. I don't want any of that SSautochrome crap or XSPower crap please. Only the good stuff. I'm also looking for a downpipe for 5bolt exhaust housing.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
i think zeus's point was that we don't drive hondas and that we don't drive sr20 powered 240s either... the quality may be poor on those... but for this one... the one for th evo it seems to zeus that they are ok...

if you think the company sucks and you don't want to support them and you don't want anyone else to support them, then please say that explicitly. because your stigma towards them has obviously prevented you from experiencing THIS particular product first hand, where other people have.

the difference between 321 and 304 stainless are not hugely substantial all things considered... because in the end... it goes through the same heat and the same stress forces and those same heat and stresses aren't good for ANY metal. that is why everyone is of the mantra that every mani will crack. that said... that's when warantee comes into play. and these guys offer a lifetime warantee... nice... of course claiming one is prolly another story entirely but hey... no one has tried yet. and most don't give a fart because they paid so little for it to begin with.

i'm not presuming to take sides anywehre here... i'd love to make like papadakis and buy a fullrace mani for any car... i mean damn... the design is SO nice and the quality is top notch! but not everyone can afford it. unfortunate.

also the collector design etc... is copied... like i said earlier and you must obviously know that they try to copy everything they sell. so that cuts out that cost. plus it's not really a collector it's a twin scroll... they're not tryin' to reinvent a mani on this one... they're just copying hks.

Last edited by trinydex; Apr 9, 2005 at 10:52 AM.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
???
Old Apr 9, 2005, 07:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why the question marks, she makes some good points.
Old Apr 9, 2005, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
he is not a she