Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Helix Dp rant

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2004 | 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Helix Dp rant

Well i tried to hang the Dp with kartboy hangers and the fit is so tight that the Dp will shift over to hit the oil pan. Has anyone else noticed this? Now I have to hunt around for the crappy stock hangers. Seems that if the Kartboy hangers were about 1/8th inch longer everything would line up perfectly.
Old Nov 20, 2004 | 03:27 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I tried to get the kartboys to work with my helix downpipe. Really there is no way to do it. It isn't kartboys product that is the problem. It is the downpipe. I decided it is my fault for cheaping out on the dp.

Ben
Old Nov 20, 2004 | 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Did you bolt the rest of the exhaust up to the downpipe yet? Bolting up the rest of the exhaust should help pull the downpipe back down away from the oil pan.

I have the kartboy hangers also. But I have an HK$ downpipe. They were pretty hard to put on with the exhaust bolted to the downpipe so I just took the downpipe to cat bolts off.
Old Nov 20, 2004 | 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
Well i tried to hang the Dp with kartboy hangers and the fit is so tight that the Dp will shift over to hit the oil pan. Has anyone else noticed this? Now I have to hunt around for the crappy stock hangers. Seems that if the Kartboy hangers were about 1/8th inch longer everything would line up perfectly.
Try loosen the spring bolts on the dp and tighten the bolts on the hangers.

It worked for me. No rubbing or even come close to the oil pan.

hope this helps
Old Nov 20, 2004 | 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bbbwrx
Yeah I tried to get the kartboys to work with my helix downpipe. Really there is no way to do it. It isn't kartboys product that is the problem. It is the downpipe. I decided it is my fault for cheaping out on the dp.

Ben

Thats funny.. the kartboy hangers worked great w/ my Helix downpipe.
Old Nov 20, 2004 | 09:23 PM

I got the Espelir dp it is cheap but it fits perfectly.
Old Nov 20, 2004 | 10:24 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

I have a turbo-xs downpipe and I took it off and back on 3 times and I couldn't clear any of the lower cross-bars, fit was just horrible.
Took it to the shop (Precision tuning) and when they put it on everything was perfect, I can even take some spacers out.
A buddy of mine has Helix v2, when we put his on there were no issues.
Downpipes are a ***** to put on because of the springs up front which can rotate then left/right and make it fit good or bad. It also helps when you put the rest of the exhaust on.
Good luck.
Old Nov 21, 2004 | 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

you probably have the ver.1 downpipe,ive talked to a couple of people that had this issue before but they were able to tweak around to make it fit.i have the ver.2 that doesnt have any issues at all and has space all around the area.
Old Nov 21, 2004 | 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

I just went to the advanced auto right by my house and got different hangers. They are actually just a little longer and have almost no play in them just like the kartboys. I have a Helix DP, perrin test pipe, Greddy Evo 2 cat back. Everything lines up perfectly.