Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any Profec Type S users....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2004, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anything?
Old Dec 7, 2004, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

I tried it a while back and had the low boost issue. Worked fine for a few days then the boost dropped even with the gain set to max. I put in another ebc and it worked fine. I believe clogging or a solenoid issue is the culprit.
Old Dec 7, 2004, 06:40 PM
Evolved Member

Lets hope they resolve this issue quickly. I want an EBC that is that simple.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Has anyone recently bought one of these units? Wondering if the new units are having the same issues. I tried calling Greddy for an update but so far I just keep being placed on hold.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 05:17 PM

Bump. Im intrested and would like to know if this problem has been resolved.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 05:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have it in my car and love it. my car was overboosting if anything, had to keep the gain low. I hope you guys are installing it correctly???
Old Feb 15, 2005, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NOLIMITMOTORS
I have it in my car and love it. my car was overboosting if anything, had to keep the gain low. I hope you guys are installing it correctly???
Hmm that is odd. I finally got a hold of Greddy tech support and the tech clearly stated that all Greddy profec type S boost controllers will need to be sent back for a software upgrade. Appereantly the issue is in the main head unit and they need to upgrade the software on it. He said that they should have the software available within a month. For those who have the unit they have to send it back to their authorized dealer and they will send it back to greddy for the software upgrade.

For those who have any more questions about this please call greddy directly and tell them you need tech support for the greddy profec type S. They are well aware of the issue. The tech also mentioned that all the units are effected and they should be sent back for the software upgrade once the software is available. Again, this is only if you are trying to run high boost. The unit works fine up to 20 psi or so, anything after that, mine does not hold and I believe other evom members are experiencing the same thing. The greddy number for support is 949-588-8300.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by DrEvo; Feb 15, 2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

very informative post. I was considering this unit sometime down the road. I will make sure it has all the latest software upgrades.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DrEvo
Has anyone recently bought one of these units? Wondering if the new units are having the same issues. I tried calling Greddy for an update but so far I just keep being placed on hold.
I ordered one last week and we put one in a customers MR yesterday. The boost kinda wavered before it settled at 20psi. We tried playing with the gain but it seemed nothing we did helped. Also the high boost knob was turned almost the whole way up just to get to 20psi.
I think I'll stick with my old school profec b. It goes were you need it to every time.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo 8 ya
I ordered one last week and we put one in a customers MR yesterday. The boost kinda wavered before it settled at 20psi. We tried playing with the gain but it seemed nothing we did helped. Also the high boost knob was turned almost the whole way up just to get to 20psi.
I think I'll stick with my old school profec b. It goes were you need it to every time.
Thanks for the update evo 8 ya. Greddy said that all the units are effected by this and they would all need to be sent back and this just helped support what they said.
They said the software would be out in a month, so I am going to wait. If they get this fixed, this unit will kick ***.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DrEvo
Thanks for the update evo 8 ya. Greddy said that all the units are effected by this and they would all need to be sent back and this just helped support what they said.
They said the software would be out in a month, so I am going to wait. If they get this fixed, this unit will kick ***.
The whole EBC kit would need to be sent back or just the solenoid?
Old Feb 25, 2005, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Glad to here this will finally get fixed, meanwhile what they hell do i do without a boost controller? (stocker had more lines on it if i remember right?)
Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo 8 ya
The whole EBC kit would need to be sent back or just the solenoid?
Its not the solenoid that needs to be sent, its the control head unit that needs to have the software version upgraded. I'll be giving them a call again in about 3 weeks. I am sure only the main control unit needs to be sent out. I'll let you all know once I go through the whole process and also if the software fixes the problem.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Agent-Smith
Glad to here this will finally get fixed, meanwhile what they hell do i do without a boost controller? (stocker had more lines on it if i remember right?)
Well you can run 20 psi without any issues, so I figure that should hold you off until you send it in. Once you send it in you'll have to stay off the gas . Or you can find the online manual and put it back together your stock one or buy a $45 manual boost controller for the meantime.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 06:57 PM

If It Aint Broke Dont Fix It

Quick Reply: Any Profec Type S users....