Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any Profec Type S users....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2005, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just take the cap off the greddy solenoid. that should work. theres nothing wrong with the unit.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Bump for it being over a month and time for me to pick up a EBC and wanting this ver simple one.
Old May 1, 2005, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Just finished putting in the spec s yesterday and i don't have any problems. The only thing I have found is with the gain turned down less than half way, the low boost setting turned all the way up will only get you around 16-17 psi. However, the high boost setting isn't maxed out and I am holding 20 psi just fine. So, I think the whole software issue has been fixed. I bought my controller about 1 week ago here in MO. Hope this helps some.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

I just got this EBC and it definetly won't go anywhere close to 22psi or higher. I have the gain about halfway and all the boost settings maxed, WTF? Any other updates on this?
Old Jul 30, 2005, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

I had to send my unit back to greddy. now with the gain about 40-45% and low maxed out i get 19 psi.

high i have set to about 55% and i get 22 psi.

If you have to send it back to greddy be forewarned; it TAKES FOREVER my unit took about 90 days total to come back to me.
Old Jul 30, 2005, 10:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have this on my car and the car runs a constant 1.4 bar which is roughly 20.5 psi. Thats with my high setting about 50% turned. If I turn the knob, it goes way higher
Old Jul 31, 2005, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Are you suppose to leave the restrictor pill on, I found on another thread that EBC's supposedly work better with it left at the wastegate. Here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ate+Restrictor
Old Aug 1, 2005, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Ok, just talked to Greddy! I need to send back my main unit, they said that more than likely most warehouses may have the ones with the old software. Hopefully this is the problem, or I am going to be returning it to Lancer Shop!!!!
Old Aug 1, 2005, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 8URVTEC
Ok, just talked to Greddy! I need to send back my main unit, they said that more than likely most warehouses may have the ones with the old software. Hopefully this is the problem, or I am going to be returning it to Lancer Shop!!!!
When did you get it from lancer shop? Just wondering if the ones are defective and which ones are not. I thought that it was mainly the first units that came out.
Old Aug 1, 2005, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DrEvo
When did you get it from lancer shop? Just wondering if the ones are defective and which ones are not. I thought that it was mainly the first units that came out.
The tech. at Greddy told me that it is possible that the first units may still be in some warehouses. I just got it like Friday of last week, it will be sent to Greddy tomorrow.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Ok, I just got my EBC back from Greddy! It works great now with the updated software, I am now boosting 1.3 bar and the dial on the low is not even half way, and on the high side I am boost 1.5 bar and the dial is at 25-35%.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 06:31 PM

Just a quick question, from reading this I came to the understanding that the Type S and Profec B II are the same excpet for the head unit. If I have all the lines hooked up from the Profec B II I can just swap in the Type S if I find one correct?
Old Sep 27, 2005, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Yes you are correct I did that swap to see if it was a problem with the head unit or the soleniod.
Old Feb 21, 2006, 02:58 AM
Evolving Member

Well, this sucks. i just got my Type S and installed it last night. boosting less then stock. holding .8 bar at redline (less then stock), and peaking at 1 bar.
It also makes a ticking sounds while boosting, is this normal?

I just bought mine and was hopping this issue was solved. i guess not. i will call Greddy up and try to solve this issue. might just get a MBC for the mean while, 90 days wait is too long.
Old Nov 24, 2006, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Agent-Smith
I had to send my unit back to greddy. now with the gain about 40-45% and low maxed out i get 19 psi.

high i have set to about 55% and i get 22 psi.

If you have to send it back to greddy be forewarned; it TAKES FOREVER my unit took about 90 days total to come back to me.
Originally Posted by 8URVTEC
Ok, I just got my EBC back from Greddy! It works great now with the updated software, I am now boosting 1.3 bar and the dial on the low is not even half way, and on the high side I am boost 1.5 bar and the dial is at 25-35%.
Sorry to bring this back, but I just want to know the definitive answers on the boost settings with a 'fixed' head unit.

I just finally installed my Type-S that I bought from a user on this board and I asked many times if this was a fixed unit, to make sure that I didn't run into the problems in this thread.

But, looking at the two quotes above, it looks like both of them have the fixed head units, but there settings are different to get similar boost levels.

So, for the people who are 100% sure that you have a fixed unit, what boost do you get for different settings....for example:

Low knob, max = ?? psi
high knob, 50% = ?? psi
high knob, max == ?? psi

I get about 20 psi with low knob maxed and get about 22 psi with the high knob about half way. This is along the lines of what Agent-Smith said above with his fixed unit, but it still seems low to me, unless turning the high knob really starts increasing boost a lot more from the halfway point. I haven't been able to test that myself yet, so this is why I am asking these questions. Before I get to turn up the high knob even more, I was just curious if I have a fixed unit or not.

EDIT: Funny....I just checked my PMs and it was Agent-Smith that I bought the unit from. So, anyway I'm still curious with everyone else's boost settings with a fixed Type-S. It appears that I have the fixed unit, from Agent-Smith's comments above.

Thanks,
Eric

Last edited by l2r99gst; Nov 24, 2006 at 09:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Any Profec Type S users....