Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

CEL On after random stall??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2004, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry CEL On after random stall??

I was driving to work this morning and as I immediately merged on to the highway my car stalls. I could not have been going more than 5 miles an hour when it happened. I could not start my car immediately after it happened so I ever so slowly tried to turn the car with no power steering on to the side of the road. I let it sit for about 3-5 minutes and it slowly started back up. When it did fire back up I now had the CEL on.

I immediately took it back to my garage and reset the ECU. I now have no CEL error but have only driven it for about 10-15 miles. Should this be of any concern to me??

I did not do any modding over the weekend (unless a wash counts). My mods are as follows (Blitz SUS Power Filter, Blitz Nur-Spec Racing Exhaust, Blitz Turbo Timer, Blitz SBC-iD Boost Controller, Blitz DD Super Drive Blow-off Valve, HKS EIDS Controller) Nothing has been installed for over 6 weeks now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
Old Nov 22, 2004, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Bump for any ideas?
Old Nov 22, 2004, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

could be alot of things, id wait to see if u get the CEL again...if its posible i would find someone who could check the code before i reset in the futrue thou! better safe than sorry!
Old Nov 22, 2004, 09:42 AM
GP

I think the CEL was just the result of the stall IMO. Happened to me a few months ago and
after resetting it hasn't come back. I was actually trying to keep it from dying and gave
it gas as it stalled,(flooded?) and had to wait a couple minutes to restart.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 09:53 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

When I first got the car I was in an empty parking lot taking some pictures of the car drifting in the rain. For some reason I forgot to clutch in when I hit the brakes after losing the car and she stalled. Car refused to start again, even with the gas pedal floored. CEL came on and stayed on for the next 3 or 4 trips until it went away. never pulled the code so I have no idea what happened. Incidentally, I stalled going into my drive once and the car was flooded. I was able to start the car with my foot on the gas pedal and it didn't throw a CEL so I know the 1st incident wasn't too much gas.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

I appreciate the assistance. The reason for my stall was the same. Moving very slow in traffic and as I tried to keep the car alive I had my foot on the gas to try and save it. Obviously I was unsuccessful but was unable to immediately get the car to start. I am going to the dealership just to get the code pulled they said it is possible that the code is saved. I will let everyone know tonight if they get one or not. Again I appreciate the comments.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

I took the car to Mitsu this afternoon but the CEL Code was already erased. I will have to wait and see if it shows up again. The tech (who didn't impress) made mention that our battery sucks and we should be filling it with water often? Ever heard of anything like this?

Oh well, I thank you all for your comments.

Jason