Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Where to find O2 mounted wastegate or dump pipe

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2004, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to find O2 mounted wastegate or dump pipe

I was reading a thread earlier and it ended up on the subject of internal vs external wastegates......I didn't want to hijack the thread anymore so I wanted to know if anyone was running an external or o2 dump and where to find such parts because I am yet to run accross them. I had a reply to look at Gt Fabrications but I didn't see one listed under their product selections. Anyone have opinions? (Actually I have been around long enough to know you all have opinions so what do you think and where can you get them?)

Maybe something like the pics I just attached!
Attached Thumbnails Where to find O2 mounted wastegate or dump pipe-dump1.jpg   Where to find O2 mounted wastegate or dump pipe-dump.jpg  

Last edited by ODB4G63; Nov 30, 2004 at 10:46 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

that one looks exactly like the gtfabrications one. Go call them.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODB4G63
I was reading a thread earlier and it ended up on the subject of internal vs external wastegates......I didn't want to hijack the thread anymore so I wanted to know if anyone was running an external or o2 dump and where to find such parts because I am yet to run accross them. I had a reply to look at Gt Fabrications but I didn't see one listed under their product selections. Anyone have opinions? (Actually I have been around long enough to know you all have opinions so what do you think and where can you get them?)

Maybe something like the pics I just attached!
Yeah I would be interested in one of those also. I checked GTfabrications.com but they did not have anything under products. I think I remember seeing a post by a guy there that said he woudl be able to make them or was, not sure though.

I had one on my DSM they sound BADASS! Helps flow of the exhaust too!
Old Jan 5, 2005, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone?!?!? I havent heard from GTfabrications.

I think the 02 dump would be a great idea, just the sound that thing makes at full throttle is enough to make people have to change their underwear.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 02:18 PM

Quotes from Gt Fabrications:

It is a full 3” stainless O2. this part isn’t that popular with the evo owners as you have to cut a hole through the plastic splitter or reroute back into the DP.

Yes, we have them in stock. They are for the stock wastegate dump. We sell these for $320.00

GT FABRICATIONS
6880 Oran Circle, Unit J
Buena Park, CA 90621
USA
Phone: 714-521-6612
Fax: 714-521-6614
www.gtfabrications.com

and they sent me the following pic........but in my opinion it is too expensive (bought one for my DSM for $150) and too much work to cut a hole in the splitter.
Attached Thumbnails Where to find O2 mounted wastegate or dump pipe-picture-020-copy.jpg   Where to find O2 mounted wastegate or dump pipe-picture-018-copy.jpg  
Old Jan 5, 2005, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

What plastic splitter are you referring to? So youre saying that the dump tube is too big and it cannot fit with the "plastic splitter"? Also does anyone on the board here have one? Id love to hear a testimonial! I wonder how much the sound is different than the dump tubes on DSMs b/c the tubes on DSMs are MUCH smaller in diameter.

Tom
Old Jan 5, 2005, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems he means the undertray/splitter on the EVO
Old Jan 5, 2005, 02:29 PM

Yeah they were talking about the plastic under tray.....you would have to cut a hole for the gasses to escape!
Old Jan 5, 2005, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODB4G63
Yeah they were talking about the plastic under tray.....you would have to cut a hole for the gasses to escape!
Well that doesnt seem to bad! That peice is VERY pricey though. Like you, I got mind from FFWD for my 1G AWD for like $160!

I would pay in the $300s for it, but it would have to be polished, NOT like the one in the photo!
Old Jul 29, 2005, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone know of any more vendors selling one of these?