Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any Tuners out there with personal experience with ECU+ ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2004, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A future version will have greater resolution (probably 250-rpm increments) and a LOT of other features, including knock sensing, OBD-II stuff, and lots more. It will probably move up in price, too. (Perhaps we'll have a "Junior" low-priced/simple and "Senior" version with more features...)
Old Dec 8, 2004, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

that really interesting, it def. is a good price for that kind of flexiblity!!
Old Dec 8, 2004, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rtd2
Does the ecu+ come with base maps?
Since it is a piggyback that offsets from your stock ECU, the "base map" is your stock ECU. Tuning after that is up to you. We can certainly give you some suggestions based on our experiences and your mods...

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com
Old Dec 8, 2004, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

How much more?? It is a very good bang for the buck now. But if you go up too much and add all that extra stuff, you make it a less attractive option. Just fix the small problems, 250 or 500 RPM increments of tuning, and add knock reading capability and you have a winner.... Make that the junior version with just a software upgrade and more people will buy this, I think. With all the problems AEM owners are having, this looks like a good tuning tool.

Brian
Old Dec 8, 2004, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TURBODAWG
I second that question. Also is the P0300 problem been fixed yet??
It appears that it has. I say "appears" because I've been driving around for a two weeks with no problems, but until we get more time/miles logged with more cars, I won't know for sure. But this is looking very good. Previously the P0300 code would show up after a day or two.

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com
Old Dec 8, 2004, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

It's good to have options (in terms of piggy back ECU's and reflashes). As it stands, a re-flash, xede and utec has the added advantage having good base maps...very good for those without time (extra tuning $$) or dyno access. The ECU+ may become even more attractive with base maps.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by modvp
It's good to have options (in terms of piggy back ECU's and reflashes). As it stands, a re-flash, xede and utec has the added advantage having good base maps...very good for those without time (extra tuning $$) or dyno access. The ECU+ may become even more attractive with base maps.
This is what the ECU+ forums are good for. People can share base maps with different modifications. It is hard to give base maps for fuel and timing for all different types of modified cars. You could pretty easily give a base map for a stock car with fuel adjustments only. But when you start modifying a car that base map must be tuned accordingly. If you get such a tool as the ECU+, you need to get familiar with tuning it and have the tools needed to tune it correctly. The fact that it has a built in dyno (sort off), can help you track your tuning improvements. If you have a wideband hooked up to it, it is not very hard to tune the WOT maps. The timing gets a little more tricky..

Brian
Old Dec 8, 2004, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

now i just need $500 lol[/QUOTE]
I do have a short term/high interest loan program :P
haha j/k
If you need to borrow the laptop to tune just give me a call.
Nah, it's because I make "ok" money, and so does my wife. No kid(yet).
and I don't have any other costly habits like drug, alcohol, gambling, or buying women expensive/incremental gifts

Back to ECU+, I need Dan from MachV to report after 4 tanks of gas without P0300 code. please? :}
And Dan, did you get one with the harness? or did you soldered it yourself? I have my old field harness that I can reuse from my SAFC2. I only trust my own soldering anyway
Old Dec 8, 2004, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I should have said by far the best for the money If someone wanted to spend less than $750 I would say it is the way to go. There are some features that I think should be implemented in it - even if it raises the cost 25%. You can't get a good datalogger for under $200. You can't get pretty and easy to use fuel control for less than $280. Now add timing to the mix you can't go wrong

I guess I would like to see it match DSM Link in a few areas (Simulated Anti-lag, Stutter Control, Shift-No Lift, and Knock). If it could do that I think it would be the best without a stand-alone. Even right now it may be the best without a standalone. But I have never used it or any of the competetors so I guess whatever I think doesn't mean much
Old Dec 8, 2004, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

i believe that the p0300 code reflash is available from the dealer now. would that not eliminate the p0300 code that people are getting from ecu +?

Hm i guess platinum engagement rings for the fiance are out of the question...haha too late for me.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvilDylan
When do you think that you will have higher resolution, ie...500 rpm increments instead of 1000 rpm increments?
That's next on my list, as soon as the P0300 problem is 100% fixed. So, I don't have "when" just yet.

Tom
Old Dec 8, 2004, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvilDylan
i believe that the p0300 code reflash is available from the dealer now. would that not eliminate the p0300 code that people are getting from ecu +?
Can't say for sure, since none of my beta testers have tried it. I suspect it couldn't hurt.

Tom
Old Dec 8, 2004, 05:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TURBODAWG
I second that question. Also is the P0300 problem been fixed yet??
As Dan said, the latest code seems to be way better for the P0300 problem in that he hasn't seen one in a while. It's always hard to say when this kind of thing is "fixed," though, since as you get closer to the solution the CEL appears less and less often. If not fixed, then I'm certainly getting closer...

BTW, this problem only reared its head *after* we started selling the ECU+. Grr.

Tom
Old Dec 9, 2004, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ev0ikon
...I need Dan from MachV to report after 4 tanks of gas without P0300 code. please? :}
I've gone through two tanks and almost 500 miles, no problems.

And Dan, did you get one with the harness? or did you soldered it yourself?
ECU+ creator Tom (tlcoll1, if you all didn't figure that out already) soldered the orignal one to my car. Recently, I switched it to one of our patch harnesses because it was beginning to look like a major rat's nest under my glove box.

As to how long it takes to wire, figure maybe an hour, perhaps a little longer depending on whether you are experienced with a soldering iron. The patch harness certainly makes things much easier.

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com
Old Dec 9, 2004, 02:55 PM

Is this device recommended for someone with no tuning experience? I like what I have read about it so far but I am not sure if I trust myself when it comes to tuning. I would definately like to learn/practice w/o blowing up the car.

Last edited by rtd2; Dec 9, 2004 at 02:58 PM.