Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Is this normal???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2004, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Is this normal???

Okay I promise I did a search...and couldn't find anything about this...maybe I am stupid but was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem.

Just put my Greddy Profec B on tonight...went out to tune it and set the low boost at 18psi...and then was playing with the high boost...got it to 20psi and right when it hit 20psi my intercooler pipe that connects at the throttle body popped off. Is this normal for stock piping and clamps under only 20lbs. of boost?

I am planning on getting the injen intake with the upper intake pipe, so hopefully that will hold better, but in the mean time was just wondering if anyone else had this problem....

Thanks...
Old Dec 4, 2004, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it comes loose from the factory. Injen = Girl driving a stick =
Old Dec 4, 2004, 08:09 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Lots of people on the boards have reported this and it is somewhat normal. I've had it happen to me too. Just tighten the **** out of the clamps with a 10mm socket, not a screwdriver, and you should be OK.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I had same problem twice with that hose clamp coming off in the same place. I bought one that is used on rigs with a nut you tighten down on and is spring loaded. It has worked great and only cost $5.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 08:23 PM

Thanks guys...I will put a Tbolt clamp on it tomorrow and hopefully have some money for an injen soon