Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: greddy type s - how many springs ?
stock - two springs
34.48%
mod - single spring
65.52%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

poll: greddy type s - two stock springs or single spring mod

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2005, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any answers?
Old Apr 17, 2005, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

^^ its all trial and error.....i currently have the single spring mod done to my car and my idle still dips up and down when i let off the gas and stilll occassionally stalls on me. Ive tried it with 2-3 turns after contact and as much as 7-8 turns and it still does it. Im thinking of going with the Agency Power BOV, which can be 100% recirculated. But if anyone has any suggestions on the Greddy, let me know!
Old Apr 17, 2005, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rlazer5000
^^ its all trial and error.....i currently have the single spring mod done to my car and my idle still dips up and down when i let off the gas and stilll occassionally stalls on me. Ive tried it with 2-3 turns after contact and as much as 7-8 turns and it still does it. Im thinking of going with the Agency Power BOV, which can be 100% recirculated. But if anyone has any suggestions on the Greddy, let me know!
put the second spring back in and tighted to what i have done in my pic on page one
Old Apr 17, 2005, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mobounce
Ok, I'm waiting on my type-s in the mail... whats the true verdict?

With my mods..and running 21-23lbs daily..what to do? Single spring (large one) or what? I'm getting so confused..lol
try it with the two springs in and then if you want the valve to open under less boost - take out the smaller spring.
Old May 4, 2005, 10:03 AM
Account Disabled

I have mine vta and with boh springs. Runs smoothly and has a very loud wicked sound.
Old May 4, 2005, 11:19 AM

if you can fit it, use the greddy type R
no problem blowing off under light boost and it'll hold 40+psi.

dwarfs the type S
Old May 4, 2005, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

im trying out the Forge today on my car. Currently the Greddy Single spring.
Old May 17, 2005, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

I just tried the APS BOV, but ended up coming back to the Greddy. The TypeS's driveability is just too hard to beat! The APS is up for sale now.

I have the single spring mod, and had Shiv custom tune me with no mention of a leaking BOV. My power looks pretty on par, as well. The only thing I don't like about the Greddy is the little whistle at part throttle.. oh well.
Old May 17, 2005, 04:42 PM

what is the the lower nipple(smaller) used for anyways. i have my type s recirculated and was wondering why there is a smaller nipple. So do you connect it to the intake pipe or where would you connect it to?
Old May 18, 2005, 08:59 PM

can someoone answer my ?
Old May 18, 2005, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

I have never used the second fitting on any of my greddy bovs. I though I remember reading a long time ago that greddy recommends it be open to atmosphere. I have also heard that its good to hook it up to another vacuum source if you are venting the bov to atmosphere.

On a side note, I just tried the single spring mod today after running both springs for a long time. I am not sure what to think. Driveability is perfect, its 110% better. There is no more surging at part throttle or anything, you would think its a non turbo car. Although the only thing that worries me is that the sound is almost gone. It sounds like a really weak bov now, it doesnt have the distinct blow off sound anymore. The reason I am worried about this is that it might be already slightly open which is why it sounds like this. This would be a huge boost leak if it was the case so I am a little worried about it. I might go back to 2 springs to be safe but I hate to because driveability is so good.
Old May 21, 2005, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Recently installed my Greddy Type-S BOV, with 2 springs on my EVO 7. And turned it about 3-4 turns stiffer than how I received. Reset ECU (disconnected -ve on battery for 30 sec.) car was in a low rpm/stallish mood when idling/stoping for a day then ECU adjusted and car runs perfect, no more low rpm at idle or when coming to a stop.

Had same BOV and 2 spring setup on my EVO 6 as well...no problems with that car either.

Double spring for me!!
Old May 26, 2005, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PA-silver03evo
Although the only thing that worries me is that the sound is almost gone. It sounds like a really weak bov now, it doesnt have the distinct blow off sound anymore.
what exactly does it sound like?

I just installed a greddy type S single spring, and the driveability is excellent. However, I like the sound better on the stock BOV, it has a nice whoosh sound where as the type S single spring has a high pitched chirp to it. I guess I'll just have to get used to it. I haven't tried any adjustements yet, so I'm not sure if that will get rid of the chirp.
Old Jun 3, 2005, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

question i just installed the blow off and i installed it likr the stock blow off. i have it as the needle on top of the blow off is sitting underneth the radiator tube (big black tube) im not sure if thats right, i see in alot of pictures that the vent that you can see the piston is on the intake pointing down im not sure which way is right. please help.thanks
Old Aug 10, 2005, 04:58 PM

I am running my 03 evo with 2 springs now, tried single spring mod but the valve just kept open and engin strumbled and bogged all the time. I even tightened the screw all the way down but still leak. i thought it could be vacuum leak so checked every pipe, valves, but no leak found. so I just put both springs back and it works fine now,~ Awesome whistle sound~~+ little whoosh sound at end. the car idles little bit unstable in low rpm sometimes(strumbling) but it's not that serious since i am running VTA mod. It was much worse with HKS bov.
why wouldn't single spring mod work for my evo????

Quick Reply: poll: greddy type s - two stock springs or single spring mod