Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: greddy type s - how many springs ?
stock - two springs
34.48%
mod - single spring
65.52%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

poll: greddy type s - two stock springs or single spring mod

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2005, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by BOOSTonHanD
question i just installed the blow off and i installed it likr the stock blow off. i have it as the needle on top of the blow off is sitting underneth the radiator tube (big black tube) im not sure if thats right, i see in alot of pictures that the vent that you can see the piston is on the intake pointing down im not sure which way is right. please help.thanks
When you look inside the two big openings on the BOV, one you will see is closed off with the head of the piston, the other you will see the shaft of the piston. The closed end goes to the upper IC pipe, the end where you see the shaft goes into the intake pipe. It should look like the BOV is "pointing sideways", not "pointing down".

EVOlutionary
Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some of the aftermarket intakes position things a bit differently. anyways, if you wnt to change the way it is. all you have to do is take of the 6 hex screws on the cap rotate the port to where ever you want it to be and screw it back into place. solved.

as far as 1 or 2 springs go...i just put the smaller back on, so now im running both springs. i have to say TWO springs. i noticed the car didnt feel as strong on the top end with one spring in. i finally got off my lazy *** and put the smaller spring back in, and it feels great up top again. i have a slight slight flutter on low low boost. but i think i can fix that tomorrow morning.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Single Spring but can't get it right.

Two spring is worst for me.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HxllxMan
Single Spring but can't get it right.

Two spring is worst for me.
i am gonna try the greddy with 2 springs tomorrow. i hope it works as well as on the 04.
Old Oct 17, 2005, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

man there should be a bov tuner in the area he would make some loot
Old Mar 31, 2007, 02:56 AM
Account Disabled

hmmm so type S sucks?
Old Mar 31, 2007, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

i have used a stock 03 valve, MR valve & Greddy type-S & am now running a Greddy Type-R with a Pressure bypass valve made by "MAC" aka "Dejon tools Leak Stop Kit"

i have virtually zero surge, quick reaction from the valve on partial lifts & i have tested the valve to hold 36psi before cracking & it requires roughly 45+ psi before the crack starts to leak any signifigant amount of air

under 15 psi the lower port of the BOV is active & allows the underside of the diaphram to see pre-throttle body pressure/vacum...but once manifold pressure exceeds the limit set by the "MAC" valves refrence, the lower port of the BOV is vented to the atmosphere, making the valve function under high boost similar to an oem valve that has beeen modified to block the pre-t/b pres/vac refrence, without any of its negative side effects such as slow partial throttle release & slight surge under high load, low rpm operations

some links

http://evo.dejonpowerhouse.com/ you can get the same pressure bypass valve here, along W some good info & test data.. check under BOV-Misc-Tools for the Pressure bypass valve AKA "leak stop kit"

Last edited by CharlieGsanD; Mar 31, 2007 at 09:15 AM.