Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My thoughts on the Megan Racing O2 Housing

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2004, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My thoughts on the Megan Racing O2 Housing

Just received mine today. bought it off of ebay for $100's shipped. I've been researching for one everyday for the past month. To let you guys know i'm the type that likes to buy "Name brand" stuff. If it doesn't have a big name, i always stay away. Well until this time. I really couldn't find anything negative from anyone who has the MR housing so i decided to give it a shot. And so far from the looks of it, the quality of the piece is TOP NOTCH!. The welds are beautiful tig welds. So for a hundred bux and over half as much as everyone elses, this thing so far i can say was worth it. So far i say cause i haven't installed it yet. We'll see if i change my tune when i put it on!

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know if youre skeptical like i was, the stuffs not so bad. I'll keep you posted if i change my mind after the install.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

u might have to see how's the fitting.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

well just installed it last night. i'm still happy with it but here are the mods i had to do to make it work.

first off i wanted to use the factory donut gasket. well the collar the donut slides onto was bigger than the stock one but only on the top of it. the base was exactly the same size. the end was flared out .8mm and was enough not to let the donut slide on. to make it fit i just took a hammer and worked around it to take the flare out of it. it worked like a charm. can't even tell what i did. anyway the donut now fits.

the hardware they send you i have no idea what they want you to do with it. i used the factory bolts and studs. anyway the holes did not line up. i had to drill them out to make it fit. luckily i have a drill press otherwise trying to drill it with a regular drill would've been no fun.

so in conclusion i'm still happy with the overall quality for the hundred bux i spent. i've bought plenty of other high dollar parts that i had to mod to make fit so this was nothing really new to me.

please don't ask if there is any power difference. i will never know. i bought the car wrecked and never drove it. i'm in the process of fixing it and at the same time replacing some parts for better parts so i won't have a baseline to compare it to.