Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

3 inch QUIET turbo back exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2004, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3 inch QUIET turbo back exhaust

I have been researching this topic for the past two months. I am looking for a 3 inch stainless steel system with no neck downs, TIG welding, a 3 inch downpipe, a 3 inch cat (catless is not an option for me regardess of the power increase available) a 3 inch resonator, and a good sized 3 inch straight through muffler. Most importantly, it has to be as quiet as possible. The weight of the system is not important to me.

The only system I can find that fits this bill is Vishnu's Standard Turbo Back Exhaust. Althrough the price is a little high, I think it is money well spent. I have yet to see someone else produce a system like this one. Yes I know Taipan XP makes the system but Vishnu is the only distributor of it.

If you have this exhaust, please chime in and give me the pros and cons of the system. Look, fitment, sound, sound clip if you got it, power increase (butt or AWD dyno), loudness, and if you had any other exhaust in the past and switched to this one.

If you know of any other system that has ALL of these qualifing features, please let me know. All I seem to find is necked down pipes, no resonator, no cat, crappy looking MIG welds, and tiny muffler cans. I guess these are the signs that I am becoming an old man!

Thanks!
Old Dec 16, 2004, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bushur with the magnaflow muffler seems to quiet things down a lot from what I hear but it doesn't have a resonator
Old Dec 17, 2004, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Greddy Evo2 is supposed to be quiet, until you open it up. I will be installing mine in a few days. I'll get a .mpeg but I have no idea how/where to host it.

Also, I will be running the DC Sports catless downpipe so mine will be louder that one with a cat.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

The Greddy evo 2 necks down for an inch or 2.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

yeah i have the magnaflow muffler its the most quiet exhaust i've heard. and i have 3" turbo back. got mine for $650 at local speed shop called www.rx4speed.com

justin
Old Dec 17, 2004, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
The Greddy evo 2 necks down for an inch or 2.
That can be changed though.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evillusion
Greddy Evo2 is supposed to be quiet, until you open it up. I will be installing mine in a few days. I'll get a .mpeg but I have no idea how/where to host it.

Also, I will be running the DC Sports catless downpipe so mine will be louder that one with a cat.
I have the Greddy Evo2 on my '03 Evo, sounds like stock at idle and a little louder at higher rpms.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 08:52 AM

I can reccomend the RnR quiet exhaust setup. It's awesome and quiet as can be. With all the mods done to the car, it sounds very close to stock (which is insane). I definately give it 2 thumbs up. And the price is really cheap. It also meets all your requirements. High Flow cat, 3" turbo back, straight through muffler

Since your in Cali, if your in SoCal, you can come check mine out if ya want, listen to it, look at it, take a ride, etc etc.

Last edited by slowevo4me; Dec 17, 2004 at 09:02 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by inariv5573
That can be changed though.
Why would you want to go hack up your brand new exhaust?
Old Dec 18, 2004, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Has anybody tried the Random Technology Turbo Back?
Old Dec 18, 2004, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05-EVO-GSR
Has anybody tried the Random Technology Turbo Back?
my buddy lil'evilevo had there hi-flowcat,and it was a pos.but he thought it was good
Old Dec 18, 2004, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo81
my buddy lil'evilevo had there hi-flowcat,and it was a pos.but he thought it was good
Why is the random tech cat a POS?
Old Dec 18, 2004, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

I have turboXS downpipe and 3" all the way back. Its not loud at all, just a deeper rumble and a good tone all the way up the rpms. Never gets raspy, and I am running the stock cat with it. I think I paid like $900 for both. Bolts on perfect and muffler comes out sideways and has titanium burnt tip. All I have is this, nothing else and my car dyno at 234/231. Felt a difference bigtime past 6k rpm. Easy to hit the rev limiter afterwards.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Please go check out the Dyno thread I started last week over in the Turbo/Engine/Drivetrain section. I have done a bunch of testing on our RS over the last 2 weeks and I think you will find some of it interesting.

Our 3" exhuast has no reducers, no resonators, is all TIG welded 304 SS and is the lightest weight system you can buy (in stainless). With the Magnaflow muffler and high flow 3" cat which will keep your car legal for the street I think the sound is what you are looking for. Also in testing over the last few weeks not only does the cat quiet the hell out of the system it was only about an 8 whp drop on power and as I said keeps the legal for the street.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Dec 19, 2004, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05-EVO-GSR
Why would you want to go hack up your brand new exhaust?
Too match up with a 3" cat. UH DUH... There aren't many full 3" out there, and those aren't much to look at.

Quick Reply: 3 inch QUIET turbo back exhaust