Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

1500$ Clutch Opinons

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2004, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1500$ Clutch Opinons

Whats the best clutch i can get for about 1500$ for an Evo that i can beat on and will get at least 30k plus miles on it, that is streetable, will catch and is fairly lightweight. i need the whole clutch kit by the way, mine just went out at 11k. Give me some input i was looking at exedy single and rnr sport but just wanted some of u guys opinions.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 03:11 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you could give me all that money and I will deliever to you a clutch that could do that.

Try ACT. seems to work fine.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Try exedy twin plate They are awesome people complain about them sometimes but its all in the installation of the acctual clutch one small mistake causes the clutch to wear out a lot faster then normal
Old Dec 24, 2004, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Cusco. im on 11k miles on mines and still grabs hard. Alot of launches too...street and track.

next clutch will be a ACT (price and value)
Old Dec 24, 2004, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

i have heard good things about the ACT clutch
Old Dec 24, 2004, 03:38 PM

So ACT 6-puck is a good setup. Like i said i cant really go over 15g for it w/o installation.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 03:43 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by nchirico
Whats the best clutch i can get for about 1500$ for an Evo that i can beat on and will get at least 30k plus miles on it, that is streetable, will catch and is fairly lightweight. i need the whole clutch kit by the way, mine just went out at 11k. Give me some input i was looking at exedy single and rnr sport but just wanted some of u guys opinions.
You did not specify how much power your car makes or if you drag race at all. Both are huge factors when picking a clutch.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 03:45 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by nchirico
So ACT 6-puck is a good setup. Like i said i cant really go over 15g for it w/o installation.
I would think twice about putting on a solid 6 puck clutch in my car. If anything go with the street disk.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 03:47 PM

I dont necessarily drag it but i beat on it every day, im an aggressive driver but its a sports car so thats what its made for. Lets just say high rpm launches, slips, and feathering is common. just want something i can beat on and will hold for a respectable amount of miles priced around 1500$
Old Dec 24, 2004, 03:48 PM

btw as of now the car is stock it will soon be around 350whp.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Geo@EvoStore
You did not specify how much power your car makes or if you drag race at all. Both are huge factors when picking a clutch.
I am in the same predicament @ 9400 miles my clutch is slipping and I need/ want a clutch that will hold over 400 whp and that will last. I do take it to the track (drag) I want it to hold, but I want stock pedal feel or slightly over is okay. Sorry to highjack the post, but need the same info. Thanks for any help in advance and Merry Christmas.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 04:02 PM

How is the exedy hyper twin?? Anyone runnin that one?? The one thats not carbon
Old Dec 24, 2004, 04:06 PM
Account Disabled

ACT is a great cheap clutch. I recommend it with a street disk. Pedal pressure definately will increase over stock. Some evos experience high rpm shifting issues and require clutch adjustment with it. On cars frequently drag racing making mid power 350-400whp I have seen it slip after a hard launch and only a few thousand miles. It just glazes on a hard launch. Cheap to rebuild as the disk is less than $200.

Exedy twin non-carbon is a good option in the price range said above but again will not handle lots of high rpm launches and track trips at over 350whp. It is a great clutch for most evo owners because it will hold a lot of power on the street as long as you don't take it to the track or do a lot of high rpm launching. Expensive to rebuild and very hard to source the parts.

ATS Twin Carbon/Metal is a great clutch as well. Will handle lots of power and will handle drag racing as well. Stock pedal feel etc. Expensive to rebuild as each disk is over $400.

RPS Carbon/Carbon- baddest clutch around. High hp and drag launches? No problem. Rebuild cost around $600.

There are many great clutch options out there just search. Let me know if you have any questions.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea and its not really just $1500 for a clutch. You get a the whole assembly, flywheel, tob, etc. Exedy twin works for most.
Old Dec 24, 2004, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

exedy twin disc, ive read a great revies in SCC they said you can beat and beat on it, and its very streetable, launches like stock. it's about an even $1500 or so depending on where you go, but thats my choice.

Quick Reply: 1500$ Clutch Opinons