Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Upgrade Path for U.S. EVO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2003, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by WRC4ever

And you base your assumption on what exactly ??!?!?!? I don't think you've driven an Evo, have you? Doesn't seem like it. How can it be a piece of crap when it holds more than 14 PSI stock. In fact it holds 16-17 held and 19 peak STOCK. It can go higher than that too.

And by the way, the stock valve is not a Blowoff valve (BOV). It's a Bypass valve. Very different things.
No I haven't driven an EVO, since they are not out yet and I didn't import one like you. This was an assumption and I guess I stand corrected, I've had a couple of people tell me it's the same as a 2G and I heard of people turning them around to hold more boost.

Just because you can boost at 19 PSI, doesn't mean it's holding 19 PSI. I ran my Eclipse at 17 PSI on the stock BOV, the big difference was when I upgraded it was in the boost response.
Old Jan 18, 2003, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by superGTO

I agree as well... I consider Ohlins to be in the same catagory as tein.

I'm talking about people ruining there stock setup just for a SUPER dumped look. The car might look crazy dumped, but it probably handles like worse then stock.

I have a GTO TT (VR4) and I've been tempted to lower my car several times. but I have Electronic Controlled Suspension. With a push of a button I can have a soft touring style ride, or I can have a sport (Better grab a oh **** handle!) aggresive ride.

Now even though I have a world of fender gap, I know that if I lower my car, it will look good, but handle like crap... my ecs will still think the suspension is at stock height.

(The above statement is for VR4 models only-Base and SL models can scrape the floor if they wanted too.)

My only true option is 18 or 19 inch rims and MAYBE a 1 inch spring drop.
What about Pro-flex suspension I thought this was the best?
Old Jan 19, 2003, 03:56 AM
Evolving Member

wrc4ever...id just like to tell you that i think you have the most beautiful car on this forum...my jaw dropped as soon as i looked at your pictures.
Well Thank You very much !
Old Jan 19, 2003, 03:58 AM
Evolving Member

but if you were to go to an open atmosphere BOV (HKS SSBV style) you WILL notice increased boost response (Which will give a feeling of more power and better acceleration).
Which I did I fitted a Blitz SSDD BOV. Love the sound, love the response.
Old Jan 19, 2003, 04:01 AM
Evolving Member

No I haven't driven an EVO, since they are not out yet and I didn't import one like you. This was an assumption and I guess I stand corrected, I've had a couple of people tell me it's the same as a 2G and I heard of people turning them around to hold more boost.

Just because you can boost at 19 PSI, doesn't mean it's holding 19 PSI. I ran my Eclipse at 17 PSI on the stock BOV, the big difference was when I upgraded it was in the boost response.
No problem. You are right about the held v/s peak thing. Although the stock valve can peak at any boost, it won't hold it as good as a metal valve, like Claudius said.