Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Which Intake Filter? Worth IT?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2005 | 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Which Intake Filter? Worth IT?

trying to decide whether or not a Drop in filter is worth the money? any gains?
K&N is like 60-80$
BLITZ is like 45$
HKS - is about 30$
no stalling no loss of power, no warranty concerns but it is worth it?

or should I suck it up and buy the HELIX or the HKS RS ?

BTW I plan on adding MBC, FUEL PUMP ,and a TURBOTRIX FLASH , curently have a HELIX Turboback. any opinions and thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 03:32 PM
Former Sponsor

As tested, the drop in filters - HKS, K&N, on a 272 HKS cam EVO made about 2-3whp (it's really hard to quantify 2-3 whp because of changes with temperature, etc.) based on our tests.

The Helix intake made about 8whp on the same car, as did the HKS. The gains should be more significant with proper tuning and/or additional modifications.

Thanks,

Gary
Gruppe-S
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 03:40 PM
Account Disabled

That's what I heard, with tuning, or otherwise you'll have lean spots.
Old Jan 10, 2005 | 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Gruppe-S If I do Decide to go with the full setup I would go with the HELIX simply because I was Impressed by the quality of their exhaust, I really need to up the power to get the full response of the 3" exhaust, once the MBC and fuel pump goes in I was wondering whether to get some sort of intake or atleast the piping that HELIX offers before doing the flash. I want to remain as stock looking as possible. I even plan on mounting the MBC under the box like someone else on these boards did to conceal it. I was just wondering if I should say ***** it and go with the full intake