Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Walboro ONLY OPTION?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2005, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by propellerhead
That's interesting. I've never heard that or read that before. It is my understanding that in most situations, fuel pressure will rise in a 1:1 proportion with boost pressure at a linear rate.

For example:
Adj. Fuel Pressure = base rail pressure + boost
Base rail pressure: 43.5psi
Boost pressure: 20psi
Adjusted fuel pressure: 63.5psi (under 20psi of boost)
I keep forgetting that we use different units of measurements

All my gauges read in bars of boost, aka 1 bar = 14.5psi

So 3 bar differentials (aka base rail pressure) = 43.5 psi

QED
Old Jan 14, 2005, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DoggieHowser
I keep forgetting that we use different units of measurements
All my gauges read in bars of boost, aka 1 bar = 14.5psi
So 3 bar differentials (aka base rail pressure) = 43.5 psi
QED
Ahh, okay. That makes sense.

So does the walbro 255 out flow the stock FPR? I was told by a few it does not.... I had 1 on my DSM and that I was told will out flow the stock FPR and I never had any issues with it though....
It seems to, at least when there is low fuel demand. I'm not sure if the overrun is linear as fuel flow through the injectors increases.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Bump - - -

Does anyone have any info or experiences with the SARD 265lph pump. Supposedly its a direct drop in but I'd like to know how it compares in fuel delivery at the same pressure(43.5 + Boost pressure) to the Walbro 255. Also, any experiences on the noise of this pump. I've read that its supposedly the OEM Skyline pump which would imply that its sourced from Denso. The Supra pump is also a Denso and is supposedly much quieter. Any info would be appreciated.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fury656
Bump - - -

Does anyone have any info or experiences with the SARD 265lph pump. Supposedly its a direct drop in but I'd like to know how it compares in fuel delivery at the same pressure(43.5 + Boost pressure) to the Walbro 255. Also, any experiences on the noise of this pump. I've read that its supposedly the OEM Skyline pump which would imply that its sourced from Denso. The Supra pump is also a Denso and is supposedly much quieter. Any info would be appreciated.

I think I remeber from my Subaru days it does not support as much flow as Walbro unless this is a new model or somthing
Old Jan 26, 2006, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

I've never heard my Walbro during any type of spirited street driving, I only hear the whine after 30 minute session on the track. No issues here with the Walbro! It is cool to hear the whine after some hot laps, but as soon as I turn off the car, it is back to low voltage mode.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation! Vegas!
BOSS Makes a fuel pump for the EVO as well ... you can see they run it on their demo car:

http://www.apboss.com/english/index....d=18&Itemid=35
Old Jan 26, 2006, 01:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fury656
Bump - - -

the sard pump is not a drop oin. it comes with a new plug which must be soldered on to the factory wiring harness.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 02:24 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've posted elsewhere, and don't have the time right now to go into grand detail, but I LOVE my 210lph Power Enterprise pump (drop in less the plug like the SARD). It is a Denso unit that is utterly inaudible. Deathly quiet. The flow charts are posted somewhere here and look good. I'm told their larger pump is just a Walbro though... the only downside to the 210 is the price... a good two bills. I've not gotten time to pull it back out and get the Denso part number to try and source them directly (was in a hurry). After killing two Walbros in my Evo, I'm quite happy with this unit.

PS to reiterate, I DO NOT SELL THESE (at this time )
Old Jan 26, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
I've posted elsewhere, and don't have the time right now to go into grand detail, but I LOVE my 210lph Power Enterprise pump (drop in less the plug like the SARD). It is a Denso unit that is utterly inaudible. Deathly quiet. The flow charts are posted somewhere here and look good. I'm told their larger pump is just a Walbro though... the only downside to the 210 is the price... a good two bills. I've not gotten time to pull it back out and get the Denso part number to try and source them directly (was in a hurry). After killing two Walbros in my Evo, I'm quite happy with this unit.

Zeus, how did you manage to kill 2 Walboros?
Old Jan 26, 2006, 03:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

What kind of power levels and/or injector sizes would the 210 be able to support? What is the ceiling? I'm getting tired of my Banshee...er...um...Walbro.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Ask and you shall receive....

Mine is still running with zero issues / noise and it has been in the tank longer than yours. It's worth the price.

Attached Thumbnails Walboro ONLY OPTION?-fuelpumpcomparison.jpg   Walboro ONLY OPTION?-pe210_fuel_pump.jpg  

Last edited by freedom; Jan 26, 2006 at 04:09 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

Latest HyperRev lists the following fuel pumps...

- SARD @ 235 or 265 litre / hour
- HKS Kansai Service @ no flow rate listed
- Deck Mechanical Power @ 260 litre / hour
- Power Enterprise @ 210 or 255 litre / hour
- St Sport @ 255 litre / hour
- YR-Advance @ 230 or 265 litre / hour

I'm guessing that most, if not all, of these Japanese fuel pumps are made by Denso... but that's just a guess.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

I thought that the car would adjust for an increased pressure by adjusting the injector pulse.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 04:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Zeus, how did you manage to kill 2 Walboros?
1st one was used from one of my Acura applications (was confirming it would fit back in 2003). The second started fluctuating fuel pressure... it was new and gave up the ghost a few months after install. Granted, it saw sustained heavy load for upwards of 2 hrs at a time... South Texas "roadracing"... or better known as a "Laredo run".

Last edited by Zeus; Jan 26, 2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 04:48 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

BTW... all credit goes to freedom on this pump for me... he is the one who steered me in that direction!

Quick Reply: Walboro ONLY OPTION?